Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Got back into the country on Monday, log in here the day after and read the piece about forum conduct, now we all know whats behind that - now maybe im thick but dealing with the problem rather than the effect would be a better idea?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Paul, the post really was aimed at everyone in general and not just a particular individual. I havent got any Forum Rules as such as i'd like to think we're civilised enough not to need them, but this was just to clarify things after some comments i'd recieved from members of the forum.

The 'problem' does seem to cause arguments to flare up on here I agree which is why i made clear that if people want to express their personal opinion thats fine so long as they dont 'incite conflict by repeatedly expressing it unnecessarily. '

What was equally unacceptable though was some of the insults that have been posted in response to the individual.

As much as I understand exactly where you are coming from (i really do!), I refuse to ban someone for expressing an opinion, wether we agree with it or not. That post was there to make it clear that there is a difference in expressing a personal opinion, and causing trouble however, and in the latter case action will be taken.

:D

Reaction score
Current posts from that certain person seem to have been posted just to cause an argument.

Reaction score
I'm new here... but coming from various boards in the past (was a big DTMpower poster...) these don't seem unreasonble ground rules...

Reaction score
oliie said:
I'm new here... but coming from various boards in the past (was a big DTMpower poster...) these don't seem unreasonble ground rules...

Its you we are talking about banning

Reaction score
Lol... you all seem like a great bunch of guys (any girls??).

I think we would have a GREAT gathering if we were all to meet up!!!

Once everyone meets each other in real life the bickering ends... very quickly! (poke)

8)

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep, we'll definitely try and arrange a meet in the new year.

Because i'm kept quite busy organising Cliosport events, i appointed an 'Events Coordinator' but he seems to have vanished. :?

G

oliie said:

no they're not, but the general uproar thats been going on around here all centres around one person (who doesn't own and the last i saw hadn't even driven a trophy) doing their level best to wind people up whilst being the centre of attention.

A little hypothetical situation, lets say you have a petulant little brat of a 5 year old that keeps kicking the dog causing it to growl, what would you do, sort out the brat or punish the dog for growling?

Prior to this surfacing, this forum used to be friendly and fun - it aint no more.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^here here well said.

However i think the particular individual
has now chilled a bit and seems a tad more constructive. we will see!

Day

Reaction score
Just ignore his comments - don't bite!
Nik can't ban someone just because they have an opinion.

To be fair if this particular individul wasn't here there would be threads like:
"I like my trophy"... followed by "Yes I like my trophy too"

Hardly invoking any form of decent discussion.

I'm sure this individual will get bored soon enough anyhow.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Paul D said:
Prior to this surfacing, this forum used to be friendly and fun - it aint no more.

Sorry you feel like this Paul. There were a few posts that got stupid, and this post was to make it clear that this wasn't going to be allowed to bring the forum down. Lately things seem much better to me.

I'm not going to ban anyone who dares to say negative things about the Trophy, that would make the forum dull and boring in my opinion. I can understand certain peoples comments may become boring after a while though, which is why I've said what I have above and hopefully this will stop now.

I personally just laugh at these posts now rather than taking them to heart. :p

Reaction score
I still think its friendly and fun on the whole. Like Nik said, problems occur when people rise to the bait and start with the personal insults. If we stay constructive, the chilidish comments go away. If they persist and are obviously aimed at winding people up, then Nik can take action.

This is still a good forum.

Reaction score
To be fair to me ive never said the trophy wasnt a great car. I have praised it as much as anyone else. Im just not into believing everything i read.

I dont take what people tell me at face value. This trophy being the best car ever business is too abstract to me, and very cliched forum talk. Go to a Peugot forum and they say the same thing about their cars. A good forum should have balance in my opinion.

Getting philisophical, how much fun can you have in a hothatch car? Is a trophy faster than a 306 GTI6? I doubt it. Is it more fun to drive? I doubt it. I understand that i could get out of my Williams and have just as much fun and go just as fast in anyone of 10 other silimar cars. I think this forum would do its self some favours if it was more open minded to this.

Keeping with more expensive car on a back road is impressive stuff, but i think people would do well to understand that there are other cars that could do this just a competently. 306 GTI6, Williams, 172, 106 ralley, Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Saxo VTS to name the first few that came off the top of my head.

Elitism just makes the site look insecure and like another forum we wont mention. I respect you for choosing a great car, and i expect the same respect for my choice of car. If you are going to have sections for other cars on this site (like the 172 and williams), it is obvious that if you continue with this over the top servile flattitude of the trophy, other car owners will become segregated into what you deem to be 'second class citizens'. This will lead to arguments and bickering. Its simple psychology.

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
Keeping with more expensive car on a back road is impressive stuff, but i think people would do well to understand that there are other cars that could do this just a competently. 306 GTI6, Williams, 172, 106 ralley, Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Saxo VTS to name the first few that came off the top of my head.

I dont think anyone said anything to the contrary, but this is a Trophy owners club, so people will get defensive over their cars if people intentionally pick faults in them just for a wind up. You should take one for a test drive, you'd be better placed to say one way or the other if these claims are accurate. You doubt it's faster or more fun that the GTI-6, but without having driven either I personally wouldn't know... I've come accross GTI-6's, but never a Trophy, so really it would be all speculation.

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
Getting philisophical, how much fun can you have in a hothatch car? Is a trophy faster than a 306 GTI6? I doubt it. Is it more fun to drive? I doubt it.

I've own(ed) both and in both cases I personally think that the Trophy is better/faster etc. Then again, perhaps I'm biased because I've actually driven the Trophy? ;)

O.

Reaction score
General note: I think it's better to have mainly Trophy owners on this site - otherwise what is to differentiate it between, say, RenaultSport's site? [edit: or at least those deeply interested in the car: e.g for info or wanting to buy etc.]

I can only question the intentions of those who might join the site but (a) don't really like the car *that* much or (b) are not adding much to the forum. There are many other forums that cater to these people so why take up bandwidth on this particular Trophy site if you don't care for the Trophy as a car that much?

[edit #2: just personal thoughts - and like I originally said, you need to meet everyone in real life in parallel with running a forum!]

O.

/sidetracked... sorry!

Reaction score
Saying you want mainly trophy owners is a bit right wing dont you think? Nothing like a bit of segregation. If you only want trophy owners i suggest you stop trying to attract other owners and get rid of the williams and mk2 sections.

Zen you can all sit round ze feuer und remeniss on how fast und zuperior your uber red barons are ind comparison to ze uzer inferior machines, Ja?.

Im sure it will be a riot. :roll:

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
If you only want trophy owners i suggest you stop trying to attract other owners and get rid of the williams and mk2 sections.

Good point King - I had forgotton these were on the site!! My bad... :-#

Status
Not open for further replies.