Faster : Clio 172 Cup or Clio 182 Trophy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Has anyone done a standing start in a Trophy against a 172 Cup?
Last Saturday I got my arse well and truly kicked by a Cup off the mark :oops: :evil: Is it just me being crap at standing starts or are they faster, as the published 0-60 times suggest? Please help, I'm losing sleep thinking about it :cry:

Reaction score
On and if the cup has so was his, cos it was damp and there wasn't a drop of wheelspin of his.

Reaction score
Both cars should be a very similar off the line, the one thing you don't know is if the Cup was modified, so the playing field may not have been level. I did not think the Cup had traction control, and I do find the Trophy's system is pretty intrusive, so this could have been another reason for getting your ass whooped! :p :wink: :lol:

Reaction score
No obvious mods on it, but you could be right. And I had my wife nattering at me at the same time. That could have made a difference too :lol:
Still pissed at it tho' :cry:
The small difference in bhp/ton cant be that obvious, can it :?:

Reaction score
The power to weight ratio of the 172 Cup is slightly greater because it weighs about 80 kilos less than the Trophy, so the 0-60 time is slightly quicker but the 0-100 slower. All of this is arbitary in a real world test though as this is mostly down to the driver, having the right revs for the traction available when you dump the clutch and snatching second in good time. This is of course comparing standard cars, and if you want the edge over any standard 172/182/230 then you could get a re-map. :wink:

Oops, was this locked?

Status
Not open for further replies.