Reaction score
My T requires a new exhaust system as the back boxes and middle box are breaking down inside, corrosion etc.

I do not want a loud exhaust I want something very similar to standard !
I know there's not much to gain but also something that will slightly boost performance, so a good exhaust system and maybe a different CAT to help with this.

I will then get my car live mapped to match the changes.

Could you lot please share your knowledge and enlighten me with well known makes and tips.

Cheers !
Rob

Reaction score
BTM exhausts are quality, will probably be a tad loud for you though. Maybe the scorpion rs192. No point changing the cat, just get a decat pipe.

Reaction score
BTB are quite loud too, no?

RS192 is fairly close to meeting the requirements I would suggest.

Location-dependent, ProSpeed in Cardiff offer high quality workmanship & custom sound choice.

SoS

Reaction score
I am thinking of changing mine, it is a stainless sports exhaust of unknown origin but the middle box is blowing a bit. From recommendations I have seen there is a Janspeed steel version that is very similar to original that is cheap and fairly quiet, the other option I am looking at is the Piper. I think the Piper is a good fit and well made, not too noisy either.

Reaction score
the KTR ones are made by Janspeed and can be bought with centre silencers, they're pretty quiet when fitted

Reaction score
I'm just waiting for Nick at PureMotorsport to get his 182 exhausts in. I've tried his own car out which he has developed the system on and his is decatted but runs a small centre silencer to keep noise levels down. It's also available with a sports cat for people that so desire.

it meets all track Josie limits in the UK and looks extremely well made. Sounds sporty but not chavvy!

Can't wait for him to get one in, they are behind in production but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys ! I have budgeted around the £1000 mark for the new system. Scorpion rs192 sounds the better option ATM. I think decat would be good however how much of a pain is this when it comes to MOT ? I'm down in Bournemouth this week so may pop into K-tec and speak with them, is this wise ?

Reaction score
£1000 ????? You should be able to get a high quality stainless one fitted for £500 or less mate! KTEC ones come in at around £440 fitted iirc

Reaction score
K-Tec have a very good reputation as a mail-order company. I've also read lots of glowing praise for them from people who've taken their cars there for general maintenance.

However, I've read of, and personally know several people who've suffered issues at the hands of K-Tec's mapping following performance upgrades (cams and/or ITBs).

Personally I would go elsewhere for mapping but for anything else I think they're fair game. As with any product, though, do your research in advance and you won't be disappointed.

For info my ProSpeed custom cat-back exhaust with 'mid-sport' sound was ~£500. Since then I've gone de-cat to complement the RS2 inlet. No regrets whatsoever!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
It'll fail it's MOT on emissions with a decat. It barely gets through with a cold cat... If you go for a decent system and they fit it, ask them to modify how the manifold connects to the exhaust. Basically by replicating the front connection and rear connections, It'll make taking the Cat on and off a whole lot easier - just two bolts either side to unscrew :)

Reaction score
Fwiw the puremotorsport exhaust will be around £600 as a ball park figure with proven gains of 7bhp in the mid range and an increase of torque too.

Think he is suppyimg them with uprated mounts (Audi) also

Reaction score
What do we all think about KTR exhaust with middle box to reduce noise. They also say you can get a sports CAT. Is this good ? Or should I just scrap the CAT completely ? Thinking about visiting K-Tec some time in the next 3 days

Reaction score
I've got their ktr ultra performance but an unsilenced centre section, standard cat is good enough IMO you won't notice much difference just more noise with a sports cat or decat! Sounds great and well put together! Sounds a million times better with the addition of one of their own induction kits!!

Reaction score
I had the piper system dude, quality fit and sound!

Not boomy like a BTB or Yozza lets say

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys ! Currently on route to K-tec now. I may see what they think about de-cat. I also need to get an induction system sorted to as my acoustic valve broke about a year ago. Is it the JMS manifold that's good ? Or should I just go with a panel filter and get my acoustic valve sorted ,? The other thing is where should I get my car mapped for these changes ? I have been advised not to getting mapping from k-tec?

Reaction score
Decat will make the car sound epic, but it creates a massive flat spot low down in the range which is hard to map out, for this reason i ended up putting my cat back in as the car feels alot better like this! Also you will not pass an MOT with decat fitted so you will have to swap the cat/decat on and off for each MOT.

You can just blank of the acoustic valve and carry on, its not essential and alot of people go down this route.

The ktec induction kit is fantastic in terms of quality and the noise it makes, not sure it made much difference performance wise but the car sounds fantastic.

Personally i think the JMS RS2 manifold etc is a bit pricey for not alot of gains, better of sticking the extra £1000 in for ITB's or turbo conversion IMO, but each to their own.

Also my car has been mapped by ktec and runs fine, as do many others, for some reason there's alot of haters of ktec on here but the majority of the people that slag them off are going purely of rumours and what other people have said and have never been to ktec themselves, personally i think theyre a great bunch of guys, always happy to help and offer advice, delivery of parts is always fast etc

Reaction score
On the topic of ktec exhausts, what's the difference between their sport exhaust and their ultra performance one? Is there one better than the other?

Reaction score
On the topic of ktec exhausts, what's the difference between their sport exhaust and their ultra performance one? Is there one better than the other?

The design differs, i think the ultra performance one is slightly lighter with one backbox, and the sports is heavier and has 2 backboxes, both come in normal and "supersport" which means the centre section is unsilenced!

Worth asking them theyll be able to tell you more than we can!