Reaction score
don't have the docs with me and am going to belgium on saturday (sadly not to spa) but am i right in thinking the renault assistance you get with the trophy from new is 3 years european breakdown cover?

or do i need to get some somewhere else?

Reaction score
I thought the Renault assistance only lasted for a year from the date of purchase...but I don't have the docs with me to check either!

At any rate, I used Vehicle Rescue Direct the last time I took my Trophy into mainland Europe, think it was about £25 for a weeks cover.

Reaction score
OliS said:
I thought the Renault assistance only lasted for a year from the date of purchase...but I don't have the docs with me to check either!

i assume its 3 years as i used them 3 or 4 months ago, but not sure about the european part?

will have to check later when im home!

Reaction score
3 years AA iirc, but European cover is an option.

They can arrange it for you over the phone, but you have to allow 3 working days for it to be put in place.

Try you insurers, they often can offer a similar service :wink:

Enjoy Belgium

Reaction score
I'm just looking into this too. The Renault Assist doesn't include Europe. Just spoken to someone at the AA, I need week long cover, i'm driving through France, Belgium and Holland. They wanted £43.00 for the week. I've just check the RAC online and if you use the code RUG7 you can get a 15% discount whilst the rugby is on, so for me worked out to be about £39.10. Greenflag wanted £134 for the year.
Not sure if you could try a continental break down service, they may be cheaper. I don't know any. :(

Just checked Vehicle Rescue Direct
European Single Trip Breakdown Cover
£24.75

Start Date: 08/10/2007 for 8 days Ref:VREU12D9Y

Reaction score
yeah i checked the manual and european cover is an option.

still, got 3 days cover for £24 with aa so thats not too bad at all.

cheers guys.