Engine Coolant Reaplcement Advice

Reaction score
Alright folks, I intend on replacing the coolant in the next month and just asking the best way to do it. On my old fiesta i just made a big mess by pulling off the hose at the bottom of the rad, and refilled slowly on flat ground. Without a haynes for this car i don't know if there are any bleed screws to undo or a better way of doing it than pulling off a hose?

Also, i've only ever bought anti-freeze from a motor factor, is there any reason to try and get anything different?

cheers, dave.

Reaction score
I replaced mine last summer and I'm afraid to say, its also a real mess as you also have to undo the bottom hose on the rad. Plus the clip holding the hose is a a real bitch to get off and not helped by the lack of space to work in. I just used Halfords ready made coolant, it's red instead of green. You''ll need 7ltrs to fill the system.

Reaction score
7 ltrs!! jeez, thanks for that, i think i'll take the front bumper off to help, and do some other jobs while i'm at it in that case. Thanks for help!

Reaction score
stormduck said:
Alright folks, I intend on replacing the coolant in the next month and just asking the best way to do it. On my old fiesta i just made a big mess by pulling off the hose at the bottom of the rad, and refilled slowly on flat ground. Without a haynes for this car i don't know if there are any bleed screws to undo or a better way of doing it than pulling off a hose?

Also, i've only ever bought anti-freeze from a motor factor, is there any reason to try and get anything different?

cheers, dave.

The fiesta was just a nightmare for me, stupid things have no bleed system on them!!! the amount of times i had mine running whilst jacked up on one side with the header tank cap off trying to get airlocks out!!

Reaction score
Use the renault stuff mate

5ltrs 7711428130 £11.81+vat
2lts 7711428129 £9.66+vat

Pre mixed coolant so no need to add water.

The only real way for you to empty it is to remove the bumper which will give us acess to the rad which then will give you room to slide a container underneath to catch all the coolant you will also have to drop the engine tray too.

Reaction score
thanks for the codes buddy i have to go to renault soon so will take those with me!

i loved my fiesta!