Reaction score
Went over 30k this morning, and now that the warranty is coming to an end, are there any firms, (RAC, AA) who will do a check on the car to spot things that may need replacing.

Reaction score
Hmmm, could you go to a local garage and slip them a daft tenner or something?

I'm sure if you explain the situation and they're decent chaps they could have a good look over it when they have time.

Not sure if RAC, AA do that kinda thing, and if they do they'll probably charge you some extortionate fee for it.

TBH you wouldn't expect there to be anything wrong on a 3 year old car anyway, but I suppose we're dealing with Renault so we shouldn't 'assume' anything!

Reaction score
^^^Exactly what I was about to write! Had me worried for a second there, another 18 months for me as there's no way I'm going over 60K.

Reaction score
Further to Artdealer's comment i happen to have a leaflet on the extended warranty stuff. You can either extend it on the total miles, number of years since new or a combination.

So if you do a lot of miles and expect to go over the 60k within the 3yrs warranty, you can extend the miles to either 80k (cost £600) or to 100k (cost £800).

If you want to extend the years part to a total of 4yrs from new, then you can have a choice of miles to go with it.
- 4yrs and 60k miles at a cost of £500.
- 4yrs and 80k miles at a cost of £800.
- 4yrs and 100k miles at a cost of £1,000.

for 5yrs:
- 5yrs and 60k miles = £800
- 5yrs and 80k miles = £1,000
- 5yrs and 100k miles = £1,200.

So if you only do a small amount of miles you can extend the warranty duration by a year for £500. Not to bad considering the cost of some parts on our tomatos....

As with any warranty it expires when you reach either the selected age or mileage, whichever occurs first. Also you can only take out the extended warranty BEFORE the standard one expires.

Having only just covered close to 14k miles and the car being 2yrs old in september i will prob look and just extending for an extra year and keeping the miles at 60k, cant see myself getting close to 60k just yet!!!

Hope this is of help to you all. (tup)

Reaction score
Yes but are the expensive bits like the dampers covered by the policy?

Normally extended warranty covers are just an insurance policy and the ones I've seen have all sorts of exclusions.

Can anyone confirm what is and what isn't covered?

Reaction score
ducks butt said:
Went over 30k this morning, and now that the warranty is coming to an end, are there any firms, (RAC, AA) who will do a check on the car to spot things that may need replacing.

I would image that Mark Fish would be able to check your car over for you?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
if the dampers are covered i'll take this out now lol, best £500 you'll ever spend - apparently they need rebuilding every few years.

Reaction score
Oh happy days, i thought the warranty ran out after 36k. And I've only had the car for 11/2 years. Cheers guys.
Probably will extend the warranty to 5 yrs and 80K. I'm looking to get a little mini as a second car so hopefully the miles will be reduced on the Trophy. But did say that from day one. haha