Reaction score
Bit of a random one this, but I'm curious to know how many people on here acknowledge other ClioSport owners when they see them on the road. I only rarely see other hot Clios round my way, but when I do I tend to give a friendly flash or a wave - normally I get one back, but not always.

Obviously waving at other Trophies on the road is a given, but seeing as that's only happened to me two or three times in 18 months of ownership it's not exactly a frequent occurrence.

Just interested to find out what the general consensus on this was...

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I try to. But I find I see them too late so fail to wave in time. Or I see them and then they see me and theres this pause as if to say, I know I should wave but will they know why I'm waving or will I seem weird.

I used to flash/wave at any other CS I saw on the road, now I seem to hesitate because more and more people fail to return it.

Reaction score
I do if I see other trophy's as I've barely ever seen another! It's not a trophy snobbery! Honest! ;o)

Reaction score
i dont wave at other cs drivers simply for the fact that i dont consider them as rare as us guys in the Trophy's. i wave at other trophy drivers but was a bit put off when i waved at one once and got the finger back lol maybe he just didnt get the trophy wave., [-X

is1

Reaction score
Wave? No, I doff my cap to them for making such a good choice.
Seriously though, I tend to wait for the other person to acknowledge. Bear in mind that many of these cars are used daily, commuters etc. and often people will have other things on their mind such as getting home, picking up the kids etc. I know it doesn't take much to acknowledge another T but people won't always be in the "Trophy moment" on every drive.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mikey G said:
i wave at other trophy drivers but was a bit put off when i waved at one once and got the finger back lol maybe he just didnt get the trophy wave., [-X

Ooops :oops:

I don't generally as I'm concetrating though out once in the 5 I had to reply to the guy in the 5 coming the other way who managed to spot me, wave, flash the lights and beep all whilst steaming around a roundabout. :)

Reaction score
Its a clio ffs.

I dont wave, i drive around with a paper bag on my head.

I'm grinning like a t1t inside the bag though :twisted:

Reaction score
TBH jimbo there never seems to be a lot of RS around cambridge, I only know of 5 or 6 including yourself but ive never seen you yet

Reaction score
Similar story here. Only RS i see are Meganes and i pretend not to notice. :lol:

Reaction score
Quite a few Renaultsports around me so I don't bother, especially as most seem to look the sort that wouldn't have a clue that there werre forums for car geeks out there. Trophy owners are a different matter though, much more likely to get a wave back, and as I hardly ever see one it's still a nice novelty, until I realise their taking away my uniqueness by driving the same car as me in the same place at the same time.

G

No I don't, but I always look for a wave from them, poised to wave back. I don't want to be the one to initiate the anorak-ism, you see. :oops:

Reaction score
Don't wave but occasionally give them a flash of the headlights/hazards. Also do this at the end of whenever I happen across complete strangers in other cars who appreciate a bit of a thrash/spirited drive before we go our separate ways which is usually reciprocated.

Reaction score
Jonc said:
Don't wave but occasionally give them a flash of the headlights/hazards. Also do this at the end of whenever I happen across complete strangers in other cars who appreciate a bit of a thrash/spirited drive before we go our separate ways which is usually reciprocated.
Same here, although the other day when i beat a scooby on a favourite road of mine and i flashed he ignored me, dont think he was a happy chappy :lol:

Reaction score
I think waiting for the wave and being poised to respond is a good shout - acknowledging another driver and having them just ignore you makes you feel kinda sad.

I was in traffic the other day when a 197 going the other way stopped alongside me. I looked over to nod to the driver but he just stared straight ahead with a bit of a "my Clio's newer than yours" smirk on his face. Or maybe I'm paranoid!

I do appreciate it's a bit anorakky to give a nod to someone driving the same car but hey, they're great cars, and it's good to give a sign of respect to the other driver for demonstrating the same excellent wisdom in car selection that you have :wink:

Reaction score
I hardly ever see other RS Clios when i'm out in mine, if I do i'm never in a position to wave. The only time so far has been in Stevenage where a guy in a blue V6 waved.

I see them all the time while driving the buses though. Another Trophy which keeps eluding me, several 172s and 197s, the odd V6 and 200 and a few 182s. Can't really wave from a bus cab, think I might be seen as having lost the plot!