Dazzler32's Trophy Progress Thread

Reaction score
you can fit cup dampers whilst your others are off the road, they are quite cheap new

As Mikey said cup front dampers are cheap to buy and use in the meantime. If you give BG a call they still might be on the quiet side, before the motorsport season kicks off so you should get a quick turn around.

Yeah I'll call BG tomorrow and see what sort of timescale I'm looking at, if it's 2weeks it's no big deal.

Reaction score
It's normally around two weeks ish. But when I had mine done I dropped them off 1st monday ready to pick up that friday.

Reaction score
Spoke to Jane at BG today, their next slot isn't till the 11th April. Thats not a bad thing though gives me time to enjoy driving it before stripping them off and getting them packaged up. :D

Reaction score
Thats not to bad then. Im looking forward to getting mine back on and getting out driving #116 again

Reaction score
Yeah it should work out quite well and coupled with new brakes I'll be able to enjoy it at its best.

Fingers crossed that's my spending done for a few months apart from fuel of course :D

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Spoke to Jane at BG today, their next slot isn't till the 11th April. Thats not a bad thing though gives me time to enjoy driving it before stripping them off and getting them packaged up. :D

I could have told you there was a wait, Spoke to jane yesterday and today and she was telling me how busy they are and now racing session starts soon so that work comes first before most other work.

Reaction score
Right guys need some help choosing brake pads.

Do I go Ferodo DS2500 or Pagid rs4-2?

I have ds2500 on the Mini and they were a good step up over standard but I feel the Trophy deserves/needs a bit more, if that makes senses.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
when i sort mine out i am going to use mintex 114, but i guess it depends on what you are planning on using it for, ie track use

Reaction score
when i sort mine out i am going to use mintex 114, but i guess it depends on what you are planning on using it for, ie track use

It is my toy so mainly fast road. The ds2500 are good enough for the mini but if I push hard in the clio will they be up to the task.

I had xp8s in the Megane then yellow stuff. The yellow stuff were similar to the ds2500 but not a patch on the xp8s. Some might say the xp8s are over kill for a daily driver but they were awesome. If the pagids rs4-2s are a better pad I'd rather spent a bit extra now than having to spend again. Och I'm over thinking this. :(

Reaction score
Decided just to go for ds2500.

My boot struts arrived last week and fitted them today. No more faffing about when loading stuff in.

I ordered new rear exhaust mounts so with a bit of luck they arrive this week with my new brakes. :)

Reaction score
You will still bang your head on the effin tailgate....unless you are under about 5'6" tall. I've done it 3 times, it really hurts.

Reaction score
You will still bang your head on the effin tailgate....unless you are under about 5'6" tall. I've done it 3 times, it really hurts.

I'll get a protective head gap from work as I'm 6'1". The knocking is unbearable now, it will be like a new car once sorted.

Ordered a 3 tonne trolley jack and 4 axle stands from SGS fingers crossed they come in time or else it will be on bricks :rolleyes:. Due in stock on the 22nd and delivered the next day.
http://www.sgs-engineering.com/gara...s/tj3x-jsrx2-3-ton-trolley-jack-4-axle-stands

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi mate, welcome aboard :)

Regarding the DS2500 brake pads, they should be fine for most applications with the Trophy (it's a light car). I've run DS2500 for fast road and on track with good results. The only thing you need to be aware of is cold performance. You may need to work a bit of heat into them before thinking of doing any spirited driving :) I'm going to be giving DS1.11's a go when my trophy returns home shortly.

Reaction score
Well this afternoon I thought I'd attempt to change both rear exhaust mounts. http://www.autocarparts4u.co.uk/product.php?id_product=26

Well the right mount which looked the worst came off okay after a little bit of resistance however the left mount has defeated me - solid :(
766B24C9-1E49-4BE5-A6D5-CA24E67E41FD.gif

I also ordered brakes from George @RTR_parts and they arrived on Wednesday. I was going to attempt to fit them myself but since I want to change the fluid at the same time I'm going to book it in and hopefully get them to do the other mount as well.

Now after reading a few posts I'm tempted to do the sleeve mod on the cat as it's blowing a little. How much as this cost people before?
also will this be an issue when the time comes to buy a stainless exhaust?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Just a small heads up buddy

2zqx2th.png

Reaction score
Cheers, I spotted these the other day. I'll keep the brackets foe when the time comes to fit better ones..