Reaction score
As in the CTR beats it??

Well thats a FF which is slower than a Cup and Much slower than a Trophy

Reaction score
The key to this video is the last corner in the 182. Watch how Tiff deliberately cocks it up. I imagine because the Clio was running a quicker time.

If you look at the 182 Cup vs. 197 Cup video you'll hear about it being fixed just like this race.

Steering and brakes the best he has come across in a hot hatch? And the Clio less nimble! Rubbish.

And yes the Trophy is a second quicker than a 182 Cup round a track supposedly so that would alter things again.

Reaction score
This has been discussed on numerous forums, but my mate in his CTR is adamant it was 'fair and just' and that the Clio was clearly slower...

Come on, Tiff must have lost at LEAST 0.5 to 0.75 secs by getting the arse out, droping the revs by god knows how much by. I reckon that done again in a T would see the T win by a good second.

I have been in a 172 Cup round Anglesey and it is very well suited to the Clios, lots of changes of direction and chances to carry some speed through the complex. Great track but i am 100% sure a T would have a CTR around it with equal driving skills behind the wheel

Reaction score
Have you seen the Top Gear lap times for the ff 182 and the new 200? 1:33.8 for the ff and 1:34.0 for the 200! :lol: does anyone go on fastestlaps.com?

Reaction score
oh absolutely but im juat saying that any Civic owner would use this as indisputable evidence surely (i.e. my work mate) :p

Reaction score
Get out on a B-road at lunchtime... that is indisputable evidence.

To be honest i would love a CTR driver to drive a Trophy and then, HONESTLY state which they would prefer to drive like a hooligan in.

Then again the 8300rpm redline in the CTR must be quite a lure, they really do scream but you gotta work that VTEC to make the Warburton-mobile move it's fat butt

Reaction score
I have only driven the new type r but I do have to say the engine is a masterpiece!!

My perfect hot hatch would be a trophy with a ctr or even an s2000 engine!