Reaction score
Hi all,

Not a huge issue but i was hoping for a some feedback if possible,

Couple of weeks ago i took the wheels off for and inside and out clean i noticed the driver side CV rubber boot was pulling slightly away on the small end and exposing grease (had fun cleaning that off the wheels) anyway i changed the original clip with a jubilee for a stronger hold, this obviously worked as the next day i discovered the other end had now pulled itself off and the clip had gone. I've got a cable tie holding it on for the moment, seems to be doing the job but is there a replacement cv boot i could buy thats more pliable and won't be under so much stress or should i put a new clip on?

Thanks

P

Reaction score
Trophy No.
This is a PITA to do, you need a special tool to fit them, although some replacement boots also come with the tool. At least it's not the gearbox side!

Reaction score
True, i'm lucky enough to know some people who are quite handy with this sort of thing so fitting should be ok. I supose i just want to know whether by replacing the whole lot with the same parts but new will actually stop it from happening. Maybe the rubber over time has just got a bit tight. Otherwise seems odd to me that it's not more stretchy to allow for the movement.