Reaction score
So, don't seem to be having much luck just now. One of my rear dampers packed in. New Sachs costing £250 from Renault! Rip off but hey ho.

Now another issue that has started is a creaking coming from the front suspension. Only pronounced on full lock at low speeds. Strange feeling through the steering wheel too. The front dampers still perform excellently, they don't bottom out and are still firm. I'm at a loss as to what it could be..

Not had a proper good look but I suspect some issue with the dampers. Annoyingly they were only refurbed late 2012

Reaction score
Hi,i had a front end creaking sound on low speed full lock a while back and also had my front dampers recently refurbed.

Sounded like the front springs were clanging/creaking.

I ended up replacing inner and outer anti roll bar bushes,wishbone bushes with powerflex bushes,ball joints and track rod ends for the hell of it.

Dont know what part was at fault but something was as it dissapeared after getting all that fitted.

Reaction score
Crikey! I'll have a look and see, I reckon it's probably the dampers but I could be wrong. It's almost like the top mounts are slipping or something..

Reaction score
Could be the top mounts, was a well known issue on the 182's, solutions were a set of spacers or Renaults answer was taking a grinder to the car I believe!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Top mounts are the most likely culprit, though could be something else. They have now introduced an upgraded mount to combat what is a fairly common problem.

Reaction score
Did you not replace the top mounts when you had the front shocks off ?

I would have as they can give noises and you had it apart anyway,i would replace these first.