Continental Premium Contact 6

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Has anyone tried these?

The name seems to bely the fact this isn't really a touring tyre and is in fact very capable. I've had Michelin PS3's for a while now but might give the Premium Contact 6 a go next time I'm due a change. I'm aware we aren't spoilt for choice in our size when it comes to new high performance tyres and the Continental seems to be about the most recent option with the PS3 and Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 2 both quite old now.

The PS3 was never that highly rated for sportiness when it came out even though they do seem to work well on our cars. I found this video by Jon at Tyrereviews comparing the Continentals with the PS4 and Asymmetric 5 which is worth a watch-

I've no doubt the PS4 and Asymmetric 5 would be better than the PS3 and given he specifically mentions the Premium Contact 6 being the sportiest of the 3 I think it could well be worth a go for us lot.

I'll see if I can message him on Pistonheads as it would be interesting if a direct comparison has ever been done with the PS3. The age difference means I haven't been able to find any review comparisons so far.

Reaction score
Can't say I've ever tried them myself, but I believe the FK8 Civic Type R OEM tyre was from Continental, so by no means a bad brand. I believe the Michelin PS4S or PS5's of comparable age are talked of as being the best performing tyres, but given the age gap between PS3's and PC6's, I wouldn't be surprised if they're the grippiest option for all weather use in 205/45R16 before straying into trackday rubber.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I had the conti PC6 on my old F56 JCW running 300bhp/324lb-ft. 17" 215/45

Found them great In the wet, although the sidewalls were rather soggy compared to the previous Michelin Supersport, which admittedly are more of a UHP tyre

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Has anyone tried these?

The name seems to bely the fact this isn't really a touring tyre and is in fact very capable. I've had Michelin PS3's for a while now but might give the Premium Contact 6 a go next time I'm due a change. I'm aware we aren't spoilt for choice in our size when it comes to new high performance tyres and the Continental seems to be about the most recent option with the PS3 and Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 2 both quite old now.

The PS3 was never that highly rated for sportiness when it came out even though they do seem to work well on our cars. I found this video by Jon at Tyrereviews comparing the Continentals with the PS4 and Asymmetric 5 which is worth a watch-

I've no doubt the PS4 and Asymmetric 5 would be better than the PS3 and given he specifically mentions the Premium Contact 6 being the sportiest of the 3 I think it could well be worth a go for us lot.

I'll see if I can message him on Pistonheads as it would be interesting if a direct comparison has ever been done with the PS3. The age difference means I haven't been able to find any review comparisons so far.
Hello!

Did you go for PC6 in the end?

Thanks

James