Reaction score
I got a letter saying all clio 182's including the cups etc all have a recall about the bonnet catch ceasing and then the bonnet opening as you come down the road and smashing everything to bits?

Reaction score
I got my letter about 2 weeks ago and my car is booked in for today. They are replacing the bonnet catch free of charge. You need too have the letter when you take it to the dealer.

Reaction score
I got this letter 2 days ago and it says at the bottom they will charge me £95 for the replacement. I'm pleased you got it done for free as this doesn't sound right to me.

Reaction score
I got this letter 2 days ago and it says at the bottom they will charge me £95 for the replacement. I'm pleased you got it done for free as this doesn't sound right to me.

Same here - so the letter went through the shredder. Am sure you can get it for free - certainly worth pushing for.

Reaction score
There is a long thread on ClioSport about this.

As I understand it, two letters were sent - one saying any remedial work required would be FOC, the other saying it would be chargeable.

I didn't need to take my letter with me when they replaced my catch FOC, I imagine all info is known based on reg number on Renault UK's system.

Reaction score
That is not true.

Renault have know about poorly maintained bonnet catches leading to the bonnet opening whilst driving for years,its even been on watchdog!
This may be a new recall but its the same old problem,cheaply made and poor quality materials lead to seized catches and accidents.

Reaction score
Renault have know about poorly maintained bonnet catches leading to the bonnet opening whilst driving for years,its even been on watchdog!
This may be a new recall but its the same old problem,cheaply made and poor quality materials lead to seized catches and accidents.
Yes I know since I work for a Renault dealer. I was just saying that some wont get it free of charge. Its all to do with maintaining the bonnet catch, I checked against my reg and I wont get it free of charge.

Reaction score
I had this letter a month ago, popped in, an hour later they had but a brand new catch on. Free of charge. My old catch was well greased and operational, slightly rusty, but they changed it anyway.
Also got a quote for Cambelt+aux change and they quoted me 550, which i thought was pretty good for a stealer

Reaction score
Correction, I didn't get mine replaced free of charge. They just lubricated it and stated it was fine. They also did their visual safety check on the rest of the car and confirmed all was fine.

Reaction score
I think you need to ring and book as some people have been given longer waits than others. Had my letter this morning, says about the £95 charge so I'm assuming mine has been done somewhere in the past according to the long thread on Clio Sport.

Mine has always popped up properly when you pull the lever and although rusty looking seems to operate ok. Will still be getting it looked at