Reaction score
I have recently bought my 182, but don't have a clue how to work the cruise control! Unfortuately the only manuals that came with the car in the wallet were in a different language.

Can anyone help me with step by step instructions how to work it please?

Thanks Carly

Reaction score
When the cruise control hasn't been set

R sets the cruise control at the current speed
O turns it off

+ (set's at the current speed if its still switched off), then increases it with each press once engaged
- reduces the speed with each press once engaged

Once it's been used once and there's a speed in the memory

R resumes crusise control to the speed in the memory
O is there to turn it off when you get it back on again

+ (set's at the current speed if its still switched off), then increases it with each press once engaged
- reduces the speed with each press once engaged
....... as before.

Reaction score
If the switch by your right knee is off, you can ge going along at a speed and flick the switch. The CC then comes on and tells you on the trip computer the speed. You can then use the + and - adjust the speed without the accelerator. Use the O to cancel (or the brake) and the R to resume.

If you are in CC and cancel it but the switch is still on, you can just press R to reset it again. Don't be scared to try it, give it a go and remember if ever you need to cancel it the brake will always work.

Reaction score
Make sure you flick the top part of the rocker switch (on the dash next to the steering wheel) to turn the cruise on. If you flick the bottom part of the rocker switch you will enable the speed limiter function- which means you won't be able to exceed the set speed unless you completely floor the accelerator.

Reaction score
That all makes it sound really complicated:

1. Flick switch by knee up so green speedo light comes on.

2. Accelerate to speed you want.

3. Press R.

To get out of it, press brake, or O button.

+ & - will adjust cruise speed up/down.

(c) Johnny's Guides. 8)

Reaction score
Johnnytheboy said:
That all makes it sound really complicated:

1. Flick switch by knee up so green speedo light comes on.

2. Accelerate to speed you want.

3. Press R.

To get out of it, press brake, or O button.

+ & - will adjust cruise speed up/down.

(c) Johnny's Guides. 8)

Thant's what i meant to say. You're obviously better with words than me. :lol:

Reaction score
Thank you so much everyone. It has helped me so much and now no excuse to get caught speeding in a 30 although in the 182 it's hard not to!! Thanx!

Reaction score
If you want to avoid being done for speeding, the speed limiter works in the same way, but flick the switch downwards and get a red speedo light on the dash.

Then you drive the car normally, but it won't exceed your chosen speed. Really handy on busier motorways, and in SPECS roadworks.

Though does anyone else get a slightly 'stuttery' power delivery when speed limiter is engaged?

Reaction score
Matt X2C said:
Johnnytheboy said:
Though does anyone else get a slightly 'stuttery' power delivery when speed limiter is engaged?

Yeah I did, the car accelerated very slowly too I think.

it will be slow as you approach your set speed as it's a soft limiter to stop you shootig past the set speed if you are accelerating hard. It also stop it from being jerky. :)

Reaction score
No, mine is very smooth in cutting off the acceleration at the limit, but say I have it set to 70 on a DC and come to a halt for a roundabout, it gets something approximating 'turbo lag' as I accelerate away from the roundabout again.