Reaction score
I HPI'd the car aswell, it does come up as a cat d, wouldnt give more than £4500 for it

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
it's also advertised as standard - it's obviously got an after market exhaust :roll:
do you know what number it is?

Reaction score
Not sure on the number of it. But the seller claims to have only owned it for 2 months but the HPI is showing that it hasn't changed hands for Jan 07. See your point about the non-standard exhaust also.

Reaction score
strike said:
This car has been deemed a total loss.

Damage to front suspension, sump and alloys together with bits like the front body work and radiator, have tipped it over the edge. Everything else like the engine, exhaust system, windows, airbags, interior etc etc are still as new. It was a week old. Gutted.

This was from 12/10/2005, it's 052/500.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i was going to say it looks like a prospeed.... bit naughty of the seller to not state it's been written off.

Reaction score
Hes now mentioned the CAT D stuff and dropped the price...although i doubt if anyone will touch it

Reaction score
All seems a bit odd, especially when they state they have only had the car for 2 months but HPI shows a year and 2 months,

Reaction score
Would you be able to tell if it was a Cat D if you drove it? Such as effecting the handling?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
depends on how well the repair job was done, i'd only worry if the engine and chassis were damaged, parts wear out and can be replaced anyway....

If the damper/s were damaged then it'll automatically become a cat d as the cost of replacement is over the 60% of the value of the car margin that most insurance companies use.

Reaction score
Yeah thats is what happened to my Trophy. It was the dampers that would cost the most to replace.

If a car is recorded cat d does it keep the same number plate?

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a trophy and will be looking at this tomorrow. It sounds harsh, but I'm also looking at a megan cup so will only be going along for a test drive to see which I prefer. I don't mind wasting his time if he was happy to bull s**t genuine buyers.
Will report back tomorrow!

Reaction score
Its not worth £5750 is it??

Norwich Union shoot there premiums up for cat d insurance

Reaction score
i'd check to see if they put the sachs trophy dampers back on and havent tried a fast one by using cup / 182 shocks