Reaction score
Hi all
I posted this on Cliosport.net, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips or buying guides for the Trophy ? I am looking at buying one and dont want to buy a dud !!
Dave

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I bet that thread isn't at all predictable ;-)

Thee are a few threads pointing people in the right direction here but your best bet is to stick around and do some reading, you'll soon get an idea about what to look for, not a lot really.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :)
Two of the stickys above this thread... common faults and tropy secrets... will pretty much cover it all.

Reaction score
If i was u i would be quick, been lookin at Trophys on various sites today and it looks like people are seeing sense and selling them for what they are worth again. A few month ago you could pick one up for £6500, :eek: :cry: , but now it seems they are going for approx £7400, :D .
Welcome to the forum, hope u get a good one!

Ajr

Reaction score
Most of the problems are the same as other models.
Check cambelt has been done early and by someone qualified.
Check the front dampers, refurb is £500+
Front wishbone balljoints wear(common clio problem)
Exhausts are utter crap, welds on cat crack, centre section baffles go, back box hangars sag, back boxes rust easily etc(common clio problem)
Rear dampers less likely to leak or seize than normal clio ones.
Passengers seat subframes wear causing very annoying rocking and rattling/knocking from passengers seat.
Rear discs are crap and the bearing is integral(common clio again)

Think that's it really.
Realistically on all of the trophys these problems will be evident, it's just when in their lives they will be.

Reaction score
Ajr said:
Most of the problems are the same as other models.
Check cambelt has been done early and by someone qualified.
Check the front dampers, refurb is £500+
Front wishbone balljoints wear(common clio problem)
Exhausts are utter crap, welds on cat crack, centre section baffles go, back box hangars sag, back boxes rust easily etc(common clio problem)
Rear dampers less likely to leak or seize than normal clio ones.
Passengers seat subframes wear causing very annoying rocking and rattling/knocking from passengers seat.
Rear discs are crap and the bearing is integral(common clio again)

Think that's it really.
Realistically on all of the trophys these problems will be evident, it's just when in their lives they will be.

Don't put the poor guy off!!!
All those comments are true though, but........ a well looked after one should be easy to spot as the cars are only just over three years old a good one should still be like new.