Broken Spoiler Brake Light

Reaction score
I've read that taking the spoiler off is a pain but I can't fix the brake light without doing so as far as I know. Does anybody have any experience I can take advice from to avoid breaking anything on the spoiler.

Cheers,

Reaction score
lol its going to be some hidden plastic clip somewhere isn't it! Some 10p part that breaks if you even so much as look at it the wrong way.

Reaction score
From memory it's only 6 screws holding the spoiler to the bootlid, light is only held in with a couple of clips. Best to be done with two people though, one to hold the spoiler and one to close the boot.

SoS

Reaction score
I had to change mine, it is a tricky job to do. I think there are 4 screws in each side and 2 in centre that hold the spolier, the worst part is there are also 2 plastic trim clips that hold the spoiler on. You need to be really careful lifting these off as the plastic clips can become brittle and break. Once the spoiler is off there is no problem changing the brake light.

Mine was a bit of a pain as it looked like someone had tried before and failed, but with a bit of time and being careful it should be OK. It allows you to clean up in behind and re-seat the foam strips that sit between the glass and spoiler.

I would say it is a 2 man job to be safe!

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Ill have a look tonight. Being a Renault I knew there had to be plastic clips involved :)

Reaction score
Sorted earlier tonight. In case anybody else is wondering its the 6 screws (2 either end and two in the middle) and then two clips in the middle. Just unscrew all screws and gently pull each end of the spoiler directly upwards and they will pop out. Took 2 minutes. Cheers

Reaction score
good to hear that you have sorted it out by yourself but if you are unable to do that any kind of issue so just go to the ay car care shop in order to save your time and vehicle.