Reaction score
Its time for some new brake pads. I was going to get some Feroda DS2500's but I'm struggling to find these. Has anyone any experience or opinions on the Mintex Extreme range? I can get these from our local motor factor.I don't intend using the car on track days, I just want some good all round pads for road use.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
who do you use locally?

Feroda' s are fairly aggressive for just road use - lots of mess and they take a bit to warm up i hear. Nik's about the best person to ask although there's a few threads about pads.

Reaction score
I've recently changed from PF97 to Mintex 1177. The PF's were very aggressive on disks and replacements were required in under 5,000 miles, excellent performance though. The Mintex pads have only just gone on and I've got a trackday on the 10th - so I'll let you know.

amm

Reaction score
corneyman said:
Its time for some new brake pads. I was going to get some Ferodo DS2500's but I'm struggling to find these. Has anyone any experience or opinions on the Mintex Extreme range? I can get these from our local motor factor.I don't intend using the car on track days, I just want some good all round pads for road use.
if you are looking for a good pad for day to day use i would go for a set of mintex 1155 pads they are the dogs on the road but if you are going to take it out on a track i would go for ferodo ds2500 pads as you will struggle to over heat them where with the mintex 1155 they don't last long before they overheat if you are looking for a serplyer for the ferodo ds2500 pads try http://www.yozzasport.co.uk/store/prodd ... odo_ds2500

for the mintex 1155 try http://bbperformancetuning.co.uk/produc ... p?id=75616

or you could go for http://www.yozzasport.co.uk/store/prodd ... reen_stuff

Reaction score
Pagid RS 42 best for fast road and very long life.

Also works for track days

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, thinking about going for the Mintex 1155's or 1177's although I've heard that Tarox pads are alright, anyone any thoughts on these?

Cue, I've been speaking to Larkspeed in Leeds and they've been really helpful. There's a girl called Mel there and she drives a 172 so she's clued up about all things Clio. I'll post the phone number next week, its on my desk at work.

Reaction score
Pagid RS 42 and brembos grooved discs are excellent for track & road. £300 for the lot via K Tec

Reaction score
Cue, the phone number for Larkspeed is 0113 264 3231.

Has anyone any experience of Tarox brake pads? They've been recommended to me.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
just noticed their website - never tried them before... may give them a try when i need some parts. I've heard good things about tarox, the disks are good, not sure on the pads though.

Reaction score
stop being a cheap skate and buy the pagids

you get what you pay for, so if you want the best get your £££ out.

Reaction score
Think the Pagid pads might be too track biased and may need to be kept warm to be at their best? EBC Green pads might be more use for me. Don't go to track days and most of driving is on the motorway so the pads have to work from cold. Plus I don't want to be cleaning my alloys every night to get the dust off.

Reaction score
pagids are fine from cold as still a carbon pad

I dont do trackdays either I have an exige for that but i do like good brakes

the best thing is pagids work very well in the wet also.

I have fitted rs42 to the last 5 cars i owned none of which are track car cars.

EBC greens are pants and just an oem replacment pad with less dust and would still fade after just 3 roundabouts.

if you dont want the best but want better than ebc go for the ds2500

http://www.yozzasport.co.uk/store/prodd ... odo_ds2500

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Mr Do. I've gone for a set of EBC Reds. I'll let you know what they are like, they should be fitted over the next few days. If they don't work out the Pagids will be next.You're a lucky lad having an Exige, nice one.