Reaction score
I've only just had my bonnet catch recall letter from Renault. Actually about a month ago, going in today for the work.

Looking back, some mention of this over the last year. How many people have had theirs done already?

Reaction score
The bonnet recall will be done once the car had been into a dealership or when the letter arrives!

Were have been doing theses for a year now or maybe more and still doing at least 3-5 a day!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Still not had the letter and being an original owner it's not as if i've been tricky to find!

Reaction score
As i've only had it for about 8 months i don't know if mines been done or not, i'm assuming renault will be able to tell me if i go in there?
I have noticed recently that it has been sticking a little so i must get it checked, if it has been done i might even stick a new one in there myself just to be safe.

Edited to add, just been on the phone to renault and mines not been done, it's booked in tomorrow for a check.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Should have a blue sticker on under side of bonnet if it has been done.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i think there has been two recalls no? the first was just a tinkering with the oem one, the other (latest) is a completely new bonnet catch...? power ranger - can you confirm this?

Reaction score
So my half an hour check, is it going to be a quick look to see if it needs replacing or not?

If it does need replacing what are the chances of them giving me a new catch to fit myself? I'm guessing not as it's a recall?

Reaction score
Just had a look under my bonnet and i have got a blue sticker with a grid on it, i've got a cross on K4???

Reaction score
Cue said:
i think there has been two recalls no? the first was just a tinkering with the oem one, the other (latest) is a completely new bonnet catch...? power ranger - can you confirm this?
Confirmed!

Yeah the first one one was really a visual check and some lubing and the new one is any sign of corrison on nuts, catch or striker the whole lots needs to be replaced but they will change the striker bit anyway through warranty!

Reaction score
Won't start a new thread, suffice to say that I met power ranger this am while having said recall done, and our number plates are extremely similar! Won't reveal them without his permission, but there's only one extra digit. Plenty of double takes by other people.

But PR's car is far cleaner and shinier, with a nicer exhaust :D

Reaction score
Mine was done a few months back when I booked it in for something else.

Reaction score
Johnnytheboy said:
Won't start a new thread, suffice to say that I met power ranger this am while having said recall done, and our number plates are extremely similar! Won't reveal them without his permission, but there's only one extra digit. Plenty of double takes by other people.

But PR's car is far cleaner and shinier, with a nicer exhaust :D
Thanks Johnny :D Nice to meet you!

Yep one digit missing as mine is T13 PHY! Had numerous people saying whats your car doing in here when i have just seen it outside! :lol:

I did try and get it washed for you but they were to busy!