hyb

Reaction score
Got a guy arriving anytime now, wish me luck :D Got up at 8:30 this mornin and only just finished cleaning it, better bloody sell or i'm gonna go drive it through a field.

Reaction score
Drive it through a field??? Thats not gonna help after you just spent all that time cleaning it! Good luck tho. You know you arm can be twisted a bit on price so you get behind the wheel of the magical Trophy". :D

hyb

Reaction score
getting sucky insurance quotes now, anyone advise on a insurer?
22 male/ SP30.

Reaction score
Im with Norwich Union Direct. Book online for a discount. Worth a try!

Greenlight are also said to be good on price!

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Good news mate! :D

Privilege / Direct Line have always been the best for me, most others dont come near. First Alternative were very competitive this year though, but my Privilege renewal was just too good to beat.

hyb

Reaction score
Can i ask how much you paid?

Like the new intro page btw, title says New page 1 tho :D

Reaction score
Direct line are soooo much cheaper for me, but it does depend on postcode.

It would depress you if I told you what I paid for the year, but I'm <ahem> a touch older and have <touch wood> a clean license.

Although the 2 claims I've had with direct line could have been smoother, I've had a courtesy car throughout and have been much better han some other companies. I used to work for Norwich Union Direct (NUD) avoid them like the plague, they've outsourced too much stuff to deliver good customer service.

Reaction score
Portland said:
I used to work for Norwich Union Direct (NUD) avoid them like the plague, they've outsourced too much stuff to deliver good customer service.

Cheers. Now you tell me! :evil:

Reaction score
My advice is, don't get involved in a claim ;)

I worked there 6 or 7 years ago, saw the rot starting to set in and quit.

Same with any insurance, I'll pay a bit extra to have claims dealt with well when people decide to randomly drive into you. NUD used to be entirely UK based, but now has several (poor) overseas call centres, and the infrastructure has gone to pot too.

There are a lot of poor insurance firms. Next time you get a quote £20 cheaper, get on Google and find out if that's going to be money saved if you have to claim.

hyb

Reaction score
Think i'll end up staying with my current insurer, the quote was higher, but as soon as I mentioned switching they said they'd match it. :}

Reaction score
Good one.
It always annoys me how these insurance quotes can suddenly drop a couple of hundred quid by mentioning another quote. Why can't they just offer you a fair price to begin with ?
OK, I know it's all about profit, but it feels like theft. Next time a company tells me they'll match another quote, I'll tell them they have to beat it, not match it.

hyb

Reaction score
Counting the hours :)

Not yet received my insurance cover note yet which is a bit worrying, hopefulyl it'll arrive tomorrow, I rang them and asked if they could send another special delivery but they don't do that, Elephant did ;(

fingers crossed it turns up tomorrow

Reaction score
My cover note was a pain. The insurance company were supposed to post it to the garage, but it never got there. Whether someone in the garage threw it away or lost it i don't know. Bit of luck though the full insurance cert arrived at home the same day so i had to drive back home get it and then pick up car. To get a cover note special delivery was going to cost £45 squid and it still would have been a day late.

Yup it will show up, this time Friday you'll have a grin on your chin and be poodling about in the Trophy. Have a good first weekend with it.

Reaction score
Before I got mine the salesman had a number he could give me for Renault and they will give you 7 days of insurance for free and they would fax the details straight to the garage so they could get it taxed.