Reaction score
Hi guys,

Picking up #355 next week and will be my second trophy.

It will be a second car for me so not a daily.

I want it to be setup the best way possible.

Shall I keep it standard in terms of springs etc?

I've heard good things in terms of Mark fish, Cooksport, whiteline arb.

Are these good additions and make the Trophy even better?

Thanks in advance.

Stan

Reaction score
I have MF springs and a ARB and its handles great but im also getting Koni rear adjustables when i get round to it..................

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sportlines are more compliant for road use than MF, allegedly.

I ave the latter with white line ARB, it's quite stiff, but brilliant when pushing on.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
The Next thing i would be doing suspension wise is a Whiteline RARB as they are meant to be amazing.

Im running the following.

Standard Front & Rear Shocks
Soild top mounts (AST)
Uprated springs all round (Mark Fish)
Uprated dogbone mount (Power Flex)
Uprated bottom arm bushes (Power Flex)

WashJan009.gif

clio016.gif

This is me with the same set up running OE spec 182 wheels

Clio182001.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
Both cars look brilliant!

Will look to invest in some MF springs me thinks.

Cheers for the comments so far.

Reaction score
Personally, i found the MF Springs & rear dampers too hard for road use, yes they may be optimised for track work, but the Trophy was designed to exel at B road hooming imho. My setup was as follows:

Eibach Sportlines
Standard Sachs front/rear, standard settings
Whiteline ARB set to 'hard'
Eibach Camber bolts set to -2
Parallel toe

It gave a more compliant ride than the standard setup, whilst giving a lovely tendency to steer on the throttle at high speeds. On track you simply trail braked into a corner, turned in, the rear end came into play, straighten the wheel, accelerate out of the corner. No understeer, just perfect neutral handling, delicious.

Turinis
IMG_1163.jpg

PR1.3s
d6d376fd.jpg

Reaction score
For me I prefer the look of the standard springs height wise.

Reaction score
I would keep it standard suspension wise personally. I had MF springs, rear Koni shocks and a Whiteline arb and found it far too harsh for road use and also a bit skitty at the rear. I put it back to standard and it was loads better.

Reaction score
I think the most important question is are you going to track it?

My personal set up is Front Sachs standard but refurbished, Eibach Sportline springs and Eibach Camber bolts, Rear Mark Fish adjustable Koni's and custom rear camber ships which are off a Clio Cup car.

The rear shocks are on the hardest setting but then my car is stripped out and running a lot of carbon fibre crap.......

Reaction score
Exactly. What do you plan to use it for? I've covered 55k on Mark Fish springs with -2.0 ish front camber and rear Koni's revalved to MF spec and a Whiteline ARB. Unpinned Sachs set a bit stiffer. I'm sure you could handle it on a weekend car. It's bumpy but it's very fast and stable on all but the VERY worst bumps ( I can only think of one in particular on an old commute). I got this setup as I found the car rolled a lot on track.
If you intend to keep it to the road I would really recommend the front camber and most definitely the Whiteline. This was my setup before and it was awesome fun. Not as fast as MF but a great balance and more adjustable at the rear. More fun really. I would love to try that setup with the rear MF Koni's and unpinned front Sachs but standard springs. I'd say that could be the ultimate Trophy road setup!
One other point is that I found playing around with the front damper settings was a bit pointless when you can't change the rear. That's where the rear Koni's come in.

Last edited: