Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
we've done the front brake discussion endless times but what's people opinions on the best rear set-up?

I know it's only 20% of the braking, but i'm disappointed my rear disks are on their last legs after only 24k and the pads look like they'll need doing again (currently mintex extreme on the back)

discuss....

Reaction score
I haven't checked my pad wear but my rear disks look pretty heavily worn after 24k...

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
pads look like they've got another few miles on them - disks though are trashed. I've done most of the 24k on track i must add.... doesn't get used much day to day on the road.

Reaction score
duffer987 said:
Thats your 9k and not my 15k :wink:

Cheeky beggar!! I reckon you must have been driving everywhere with the handbrake on - no wonder you said the standard brakes were adequate - obviously never got above 10 mph! :lol: :wink:

Actually I remember the test drive (or rather ride) was very much illustrative of the car's performance!! 8)

amm

Reaction score
ds2500 will be your best option or if you can afford new rear disks every 4 to 6000 miles and your wheels being destroyed then a set of performance friction 97 rear pads

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
having seen what pf's do to wheels i'll give them a wide berth for anything other than a pure track car lol.

Standard disks or should i upgrade? - it's this i can't decide. 24k from the oem ones, even with track use has surprised me.

Reaction score
I was amazed to note that the rears never even got above luke warm at a recent track day at Castle Combe. Don't think there is any point in upgrading either the discs or pads IMO, just get whatever works out cheapest. I would in fact steer clear of performance pads, as they may never get up to optimum working temperature. 24k sounds about right for solid discs with performance pads, don't forget the pads are increasing your disc wear.

amm

Reaction score
vamos said:
I was amazed to note that the rears never even got above luke warm at a recent track day at Castle Combe. Don't think there is any point in upgrading either the discs or pads IMO, just get whatever works out cheapest. I would in fact steer clear of performance pads, as they may never get up to optimum working temperature. 24k sounds about right for solid discs with performance pads, don't forget the pads are increasing your disc wear.

i always get loads of heat in to mine on track :?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
amm said:
vamos said:

i always get loads of heat in to mine on track :?

me too, not as much as the fronts but they need to be left a few minutes to cool before i change the wheels.

Reaction score
weird - I wonder if there is something wrong with mine? Every other car I have ever had on track had hot brakes front and rear, just the Trophy not :? It brakes well and is stable under braking, just the rears stay cool.

amm

Reaction score
vamos said:
weird - I wonder if there is something wrong with mine? Every other car I have ever had on track had hot brakes front and rear, just the Trophy not :? It brakes well and is stable under braking, just the rears stay cool.

mine get very hot when on track so you could have a problem