Reaction score
Hi all im getting a trophy asap just wanted to no what the best exhaust and induction kit is for this Car thought id ask the owners. Thanks

Reaction score
Think most people will say just go for a panel filter (ITG) and there's a whole host of pages on the acoustic vale mod to look into .

A few grey areas with induction kits . One not set up right can cause a loss rather than a gain ( as i found out with mine) . Cold air feed positioning is critical in the quest for performance . I have a K & N which TBH i thought was rubbish at first but with a bit of patience i found the right combination for the c/air feed. It also sounds awesome and unlike any other I've heard.

Exhaust wise depends on how deep your pockets are .

Cheapish - blue flame to janspeed(on my list).

Rich - Yozza sport one .

Mega rich - Orbisound .

Reaction score
Sorted Got a Janspeed Full System With K-tec Decat. Plus a Simota Carbon Aerofoam induction kit. Sounds the Bollocks.

Reaction score
ive got a k-tec performance air filter panel only £36 and as for the exhaust yozzasport decat all the way its just over £500 well worth it !!!!

Reaction score
I have a yozzasport system with decat and a Pipercross Viper with cold air feed - sounds fantastic.

If you are after a trophy and want to buy these mods anyway, mine is just coming up for sale so you may aswell just buy it and save yourself lots of money by not having to modify. :wink:

Reaction score
I had a custom exhaust made for my Trophy and it was as good as the Orb. Pretty much looked like the Orb too but English!!

Reaction score
No Advanced Automotive Solutions Newcastle. The guy has an amazing wealth of knowledge on induction and exhausts.

There are pictures of my exhaust on here somewhere.

I ll have a look pal.

Reaction score
What are peoples opinions of the Milltek cat back system?

My exhaust is on its last legs and I want something that is not too noisy or intrusive. Tbh I'd be happy with the standard backbox again but I'm not willing to pay what Renault want for it, plus they don't look like they last that well either!

Cheers,

Patrick

Reaction score
I nearly bought a miltek when I had Trophy but when I had close up look I was not impressed however one lad I met last year at the ring had it on his Trophy and the sound was good but not intrusive.

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've got a ff 182 cup and am considering fitting an itg panel filter with samco hosing

does anyone recommend I go ahead? And does this modification require that I inform the insurance company?

Matt

Reaction score
trophy176 said:
I nearly bought a miltek when I had Trophy but when I had close up look I was not impressed however one lad I met last year at the ring had it on his Trophy and the sound was good but not intrusive.

Can you say anymore about the Miltek?? Or anyone else??

Elliott.

Reaction score
I use an ITG Maxogen induction kit which I had read was one of the best, however honestly I preferred the induction noise from the K&N kit that I ran on my previous (and otherwise standard) Clio 172 clearly audible here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpIpDUYoXhY

I recently got the Scorpion RS192 exhaust and am very happy with it. I'm not a fan of 'boomy' exhausts or anything too loud (I don't want to worry about noise meters at tracks) and I didn't want to change the characteristics of the standard car too much. It now simply sounds more purposeful and the car definitely pulls a tad more keenly through the rev range.

The milltek website has some good video's to show you how that exhaust sounds:

http://www.millteksport.com/exhaust.products.cfm?variantid=211

And there are some videos on youtube showing the RS192 - the best of which is linked below, however none of them really do the exhaust justice. Its louder than it appears from the internal part of the video below, but certainly less in your face than the awesome sounding (but too loud for me) milltek above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUkaig4E9i4&feature=related

Hope that helps!

Reaction score
i have a k&n generation 2 and full milltek system on my trophy. not too loud either....i'd say go for the milltek (obviously) :D