Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've been an active member here but this place is still at the top of my bookmarks list! :D I don't have a computer and so I've been visiting here from my phone or occasionally borrowing my sister' laptop. It's a little harder to post here using my Nokia.

Anyway I still have my Trophy even though I haven't really been driving it too much lately. Maybe once or twice a month if I'm lucky! :( Still on 16000 miles. Had its third service done recently at Ren-Tech and should hopefully be getting the paintwork detailed soon! :D :D :D

Back to the topic, is anyone getting this mod? I still haven't seen it as Ben loves to keep me waiting. I think there are some final tweeks but it's nearly ready for release!

It really does sound like a great mod for the clio. Here's an email that Ben sent to me about a month ago where he mentions a little bit about it. The email was regarding throttle bodies (yes I'm still thinking about them) :lol:

Quote from Ben
"However, this new inlet manifold I am working on is designed to bolt straight to the stock engine, run the stock ECU, keep aircon and keep all standard functions on the dash/trip/cruise etc. With a set of 428 cat cams you would be looking at a real 200bhp without any of the burdens of an ITB install. It will drive like a stock car with no problems, but the extra power will be there. Costs are not finalised yet but you are looking at around the £1200 mark ready to bolt on."

So who's heard of this and who's already decided to go for it? Would love to hear peoples thoughts on it.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah it has been discussed, it kinda got mixed up on the recent "batteries" thread.

307 may well be getting a little upgrade at some point though i think i may let him iron out the inevitable gremlins before deciding.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
This is what alot of people have been waiting for. Its a nice increase in power for £1200 + you can keep air con, standard ECU etc which is what most people want. I would imagen AWT will sell a lot of these.

After you buy the manifold, cams and remap it will work out roughly the same price as ITB's, the bonus is you can keep the air con, factory ECU etc and gain almost as much power as an ITB setup.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
not yet i don't think - been waiting to see if anything appears on cliosport but nothing i've seen yet.

Reaction score
This has ben talked about ALOT on the clio sport web site. apparently Ben from AWT and another guy are making it. Its called something like the '200 super cup' or something like that. alot of people lost interest as its been going on for a while.......unless this is a different thing!

Reaction score
Noticed that the super cup Clio has been sold over on renaultsport which was the test bed for the inlet manifold.... Don't know if that's good or bad news

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well they have either finished testing or thrown in the towel. Most likely the second one.

Thanks for the update.