anything better than cleaning your toys in the sun?

Reaction score
Simply pleasures...aaaaah :D

Attachments

• trophy.jpg
    trophy.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 53
Reaction score
Not much - but I offer; driving in the sun, buying cheap booze in Spain, coming home and drinking some of it in the sun!! ( i.e. Me today - bliss) ;-)

Reaction score
eljeffo64 said:
Not much - but I offer; driving in the sun, buying cheap booze in Spain, coming home and drinking some of it in the sun!! ( i.e. Me today - bliss) ;-)

Easy life eh !!!!

Seeing on the map location your quite far down !! Nice. (Not jealous at all)

Went to Carcasonene (spelling crap sorry) last yr on our hols, liked it so much driving down there again this yr.

Chris

Reaction score
Wasn't easy before! Is now though...

Not a lover of Carcassone itself but love the area around there. Theres a superb restaurant in the hills by there - we are stopping overnight this year en route to the Monaco Classic in April ... Could be a lot worse!!

Reaction score
Hey Jeffo, which restaurant are you talking about? I stayed in a village called Preixan, a few miles south of Carcassonne, a couple of years ago and had a meal at the restaurant there. Food was sublime. I had foie gras... unethical perhaps, but seriously tasty! =P~

Reaction score
Trophy No.
A couple of years ago I had a few weeks of doing nothing so decided to "do" the normandy beaches, after that I headed west to Avranches then I just thought why not head south, so from St Nazarre all the way down to almost Biarritz just hugged the coast. Just stunning coastline, early autumn so nobody around, great waves for beginners and the Brits seem to be rare down there so often didn't buy my own drinks. :D

Reaction score
You're not wrong Hoolio - it's really nice still, I'm about 30 mins from Biarritz, a few more brits around these days but not too many thankfully, you can get an occasional free beer still!!

Jimbo - the restaurant/mini hotel is in a place called Aragon (about 15 kms from Carcassonne) and it's called La Bergerie, its an ex sheep barn!! - a bit tasty now though with about 6 rooms and a nice little pool : not 3 star michelin(yet) but neither are the prices, the food is some of the best I've had (and I do make a point in testing food and wine often these days!). Recommended.

Foie gras..... not as unethical as factory farmed pork or chicken in my view - and soooooo tasty, a personal decision re ethics and not one I have a big problem with.

Don't wish to **** everyone off, but just thought you might like to know - Spring arrived today - shirt off, shorts on - pool only 12 degs so off limits for a while yet......that's what it's all about...... :mrgreen:

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
eljeffo64 said:
Don't wish to **** everyone off, but just thought you might like to know - Spring arrived today - shirt off, shorts on - pool only 12 degs so off limits for a while yet......that's what it's all about...... :mrgreen:

Few more beers and the pool would be warm enough I'm sure! :)

Reaction score
eljeffo64 said:
Wasn't easy before! Is now though...

Not a lover of Carcassone itself but love the area around there. Theres a superb restaurant in the hills by there - we are stopping overnight this year en route to the Monaco Classic in April ... Could be a lot worse!!

So not being too nosy :) have you retired there or started a holiday place up ???
Keep thinking about starting life down that way, haven't the balls to do it though......

Yep found the city itself (old one) very commercial, though we stayed about 15km away in some remote place with a pool. The area is superb, the best we've found so far (always head to South of France for our hols).

Sounds like you have a very nice life style down there....pools only 12 degs, thats a shame isn't it....... :D

Reaction score
V early retirement - wish I'd had the balls to do it earlier (move here and work I mean - not (necessarily) retire; although that's even better - but you need to live somehow!). Further South and further West is best IMO; 40 mins to the beach, 40 mins to the mountains and skiing, 40 mins to Spain. Have a couple of friends who do the holiday let stuff and it seems to work ok for them. You know what they say.... it's a tough job but someone has to do it! :D

Reaction score
Renaultsport said:
eljeffo64 said:

Few more beers and the pool would be warm enough I'm sure! :)

You know what, you may be right !... I'll give it a go and let you know 8)