Reaction score
Just had my renewal quote on my bike, bearing in mind I paid £106 last year with no experience and no no-claims bonus.

My renewal quote was £360 now I have a years no-claims! General searching on the web was struggling to get below £200.

After 6 hours of insurance quotes, got it down to £110.

What i'm curious of is, has anybody else insured anything this year and had similar hikes?

I'm dreading insuring my two cars in March if this is likely to be the same for them.

Reaction score
mine went from around £440 to £860 with 7 years driving and 6 no claims. After many hours of searching and adding both my parents on as named drivers i managed to get it back down to £560, still an unwelcome increase on last year!!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
It's scandalous how there is an enforced law to make us pay a closed shop price - The govt. need to look into insurance hikes and come up with a solution. Maybe ring fencing fines etc to lower premiums - but they won't do that until they sort the benefits system out, which is costing more than the NHS at present.

Reaction score
Sounds like im going to have just as much fun when both the cars are due. They're on a multicar policy, so theyre both up at the same time so absolutely dreading it!

I hate doing quotes, its without fail my least favourite car related job!

Reaction score
My bike was reasonable when I renewed it back in the summer. It seems to go down every year unlike the car which seems to go up slightly each time. Frustrating!

Reaction score
I have just had two wonderful days sorting this out!

I was expecting a renewal about 350£ and it came in @ 790£ with Directline!!! I ended up taking up a quotemehappy.com gocompare offer. What a waste of time they were, after paying for the policy it turned out they wouldn't cover me (my last policy was over 12months ago, not been driving for the last year). So ended up with esure, great call centre guy's, love the cars we all own but the quote was still 530£. Just thought i'd let you all know to stay away from quotemehappy, total jokers.....

Mike.

Reaction score
Insurance is still coming down for me, 3 years NCB, 22 YO, £875 at home.
Hoping to move to york this year, it then drops to £675.
Pretty happy with that :)

Reaction score
I wish I paid £100 a year. FML.

My renewal is up in March, I've been doing quotes and with 7k limit, 3 years NCB, 22 YO, 3 Points, exhaust declared and worst of all, Manchester postcode.

£1300.

I've not tired any 'modified' policies yet as my renewal is too far away.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mine's due for renewal in June, hoping it'll drop a fair bit from the sub £700 I past last year.

Reaction score
I'm not holding out much hope on my renewal, last time I paid £510 for my 374bhp Trophy all mods declared.

But since then I've left the RAF and moved back home. Just insured my Vectra CDTI Design £496 :(

Can't wait to see what my quote will be for a 400+ Trophy......

As it stands I've got 9 years NCB on the clio, 5 years NCB on the Vectra and 7 years NCB on my motorbikes.

Believe it or not it only cost £130 to insure my k5 GSXR 1000 and Triumph SpeedFour.

Reaction score
Always admiral group, nothing touches them tbh, especially for my near std car

Reaction score
You lot need to try http://www.brentacre.co.uk/

Or

Greenlight

Green light always beat any Brentacre quote I get, but then once I advise Brentacre of this they match the price.

Been with Brentacre 4 years now and there policies are excellent for tuning or suspension wise, give them a shout it's woth it

Reaction score
Currently with Admiral, as you say nothing touches them they are still 1k +

I'll have to give brentacre a phone closer to renewal.

Reaction score
dare i say it............but sheilas wheels were the cheapest for the cover i wanted on the trophy. lol.

Reaction score
I'm on admiral multicar, Adrian flux was a little bit cheaper but I had a falling out with them a few years ago when trying to change from my Mondeo st220, to a 2.0 8v golf gti - which they refused to do as the golf was 'too powerful'

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I had a quote through from the AA today, I have extensive (mainly for the 5GTT :D) and longstanding breakdown cover with them but do not insure the cars, of £424 which I thought was pretty damn good from them.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just renewed my insurance today with a company called Graham Sykes, Greenlight for one reason or another refused me cover after quoting, these guys came back with a much better quote with the same underwriters as greenlight used, explain that.
BTW all mods declared, 9+ years no claims, no convictions for 20 years and yes I'm old but I couldn't buy three decent tyres for the price of the cover.

Reaction score
Tesco was the cheapest £296. This helped me get my premium down to £306 for my Trophy when I renewed with Admiral.