Reaction score
Ah, nightmare. One of the worst places for a bump. I guess it will all be down to whether the sill is bent.

I had a car that 'only' received a large parking dent (from a bus doing a three point turn) on the rear quarter. Nothing wrong with the sill or door pillar, yet to get it repaired properly to Thatcham standards the body shop had to chop it along the roof line and halfway along the door sill. They effectively removed the entire top skin of the rear quarter. It wasn't a write off and was repaired well. I think the car only got away with it as the sill and main shell was untouched.

From the photo that looks more nasty. Sadly the type of repair required to rectify it may mean the T is never quite the same again.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ouch! :eek:

Poor thing :(. I'd need some alone time for quite a while after that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
OUCH ! don't you just love women drivers who dont look or signal :rolleyes:

This should be repairable but will depend on insurance whether they write it off as a uneconomical repair.

I would be very miffed and need a lie down.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
"miffed and needing a lie down" I'd still be bouncing off walls. Yeah everything is repairable and this is(I think) but the new parts and paint to insurance standards will push this over methinks.

Number 301 btw.