Cam

Reaction score
Item number: 290736770009

Selling my car on Ebay to buy a bigger motorbike.

Can you guys have a look and see if you would change anything?

Thank you ;)

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
How did you get result to fit a 197 wheel ?

Cam

Reaction score
How did i fit the wheel?

I took it to Renault Peterborough. It went on and wasnt right. Left it with them for the weekend and they made a spacer. Handles the same but looks so much nicer in my oppinion. Doesnt melt either. All the cruise control still works the same. Really lifts and updates the interior. Worth while doing !

Feels nicer too !

Reaction score
The 197 wheel is really nice to the touch, they need the extra Renault sport trim at 6 o' clock to set them off.
Smaller radius and much thicker than the 182 wheel.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I would have thought that a main dealer would have told you to go stuff yourself as its an after market part.

I would like to get this done to the trophy rather than a re-trimmed wheel

Cam

Reaction score
I would have thought that a main dealer would have told you to go stuff yourself as its an after market part.

I would like to get this done to the trophy rather than a re-trimmed wheel

If you don't ask you don't get. They even gave me a free curtesy car, supplied the new airbag and disposed of the old one.

Anyway can anyone rate my advert ? It's finished now but may still be viewable. It's still on pistonheads so I'll get the link. Price ok? Info ok ?

Cam

Reaction score
Trophy No.
It's ok, I don't like the way some of the sentences are shortened, service not servive, clean the engine bay, explain why the 200 wheel is better and I'm guessing they are not brembo brakes you have fitted.

So, no gold star this time :)

Cam

Reaction score
It's ok, I don't like the way some of the sentences are shortened, service not servive, clean the engine bay, explain why the 200 wheel is better and I'm guessing they are not brembo brakes you have fitted.

So, no gold star this time :)

Cheers, exactly what I need. I'll make a few revisions and some new pics.

Cheers price ok?

Reaction score
Take the private plate off - cars never sell well with private plates (especially the prefixed "make your own" ones)
photos of back seat / receipts / boot open are pointless - replace with photo of engine bay, good photo of drivers seat, rear end (boot closed)
"shouldnt have big bills" - no mention of the dampers being refurbed so maybe not such a wise comment.
possibly take photos in a local beauty spot in good light, it looks like a inferno cup in that 1st photo.

Cam

Reaction score
Been out and took some new pics. When should dampers be done ? Mine still feel fine. thought there was a place near Silverstone that did refurbs for £140 each.

Price ok?

A lot of beauty spots were flooded

Take the private plate off - cars never sell well with private plates (especially the prefixed "make your own" ones)
photos of back seat / receipts / boot open are pointless - replace with photo of engine bay, good photo of drivers seat, rear end (boot closed)
"shouldnt have big bills" - no mention of the dampers being refurbed so maybe not such a wise comment.
possibly take photos in a local beauty spot in good light, it looks like a inferno cup in that 1st photo.

Cam

Reaction score
Its never not had a private plate so i would have to look into it. Chanaged some pics only seems to come up differently when you click on them at the moment for some reason.
I'll give the engine bay a wipe and take pics. I'll photgraph the drivers seat. I only use the seat cover to protect the suede as i work in Design and Technology so can get messy

Thanks for your input.

Any comments on price wuld be very handy.

Reaction score
when you remove the plate its most likely you will be given the original 55 plate to put back on, or they will give you another 55 plate - the original 55 plate will be no doubt mentioned somewhere in the paperwork...maybe on the service book?
then put the private plate on ebay and take what you can.
£140 each is a bit optimistic for the dampers - some have cost £350 each dependant on parts required...serious buyers will know that so expect to be asked to knock something off for a refurb.
seems a bit daft but i'd put the new tyres on the front, for some reason i think worn rears sound better than worn fronts???
price seems ok to start at...drop if necessary.

Last edited:

Cam

Reaction score
Ive said that i'll buy new tyres for the front so the car will basically have a new set of boots all round before it goes to new owner.

Thanks for your help.

I may look into selling the plate to a Audo S3 owner

when you remove the plate its most likely you will be given the original 55 plate to put back on, or they will give you another 55 plate - the original 55 plate will be no doubt mentioned somewhere in the paperwork...maybe on the service book?
then put the private plate on ebay and take what you can.
£140 each is a bit optimistic for the dampers - some have cost £350 each dependant on parts required...serious buyers will know that so expect to be asked to knock something off for a refurb.
seems a bit daft but i'd put the new tyres on the front, for some reason i think worn rears sound better than worn fronts???
price seems ok to start at...drop if necessary.

Reaction score
Hi Chris,

I am currently looking for a car and have been for the past month or so, so I am your audience.
My brother is also looking for a car as is a friend of ours, so we are onto every Trophy advert that appears as soon as it does to pick it apart and formulate a reply to the seller.

The dampers is always going to be the first big thing anyone will ask you about. As a buyer you have to budget at least £430 for BG Motorsports in Silverstone to refurbish them. If the shafts are scored (which can happen if they are not serviced after the seal has perished and grit gets in there) it will cost another £130 per side. If this has not been done, generally this will be the first thing anyone knocks off the price, so be prepared. Especially at the sort of miles your car has done and with them never previously having been done. Visual checks of the dampers are difficult and would be something you would have to convince the buyer of, but they contain oil and gas. Leaking oil is easy to spot but gas not so.

It actually looks like a really nice car. Price is good. I like the bonus of the steering wheel.

I would remove the seat cover on the drivers side before taking the picture. It makes a buyer wonder what is under there. I understand that you are protecting the seat so nothing gets on it, but take it off for the picture. The buyer will just see a prestine drivers seat then.
In the advert you make no mention of the outer condition of the car. You say it is mechanically sound and omitting the outer condition makes it sound like "it's a good runner but needs cosmetic work".

I would agree about the plate. It just becomes a hassle to take off. The buyer has to wait for the V5 to come back, etc.
I also agree about the tyres. You are willing to buy new tyres before the sale, so just take the hit and advertise the car with new tyres. It reads much better.

Just trying to be completely honest and not offend in any way. The car does look really nice and you will get it sold. For me, it just has a little too many miles.

Hope that helps a little if any.
Good Luck!

Cam

Reaction score
Thanks really helpful. I'll make a few changes and new pics.

I used to have a 106 gti and hated seeing the miles rack up. Luckily with the Trophy with the cruise control on you just see SET or the speed rather than the miles. Doesnt bother me as i must have done 25,000 miles in it and really each and every one.

Its getting to that sort of price when you think should i just keep it?
I have a garage and large workshop and so if it doesnt sell before September i may just take the tax off and store it in my garage and let all the other Trophies catch up in miles.

Thanks again

Really helpful to hear from someone looking

Chris

Hi Chris,

I am currently looking for a car and have been for the past month or so, so I am your audience.
My brother is also looking for a car as is a friend of ours, so we are onto every Trophy advert that appears as soon as it does to pick it apart and formulate a reply to the seller.

The dampers is always going to be the first big thing anyone will ask you about. As a buyer you have to budget at least £430 for BG Motorsports in Silverstone to refurbish them. If the shafts are scored (which can happen if they are not serviced after the seal has perished and grit gets in there) it will cost another £130 per side. If this has not been done, generally this will be the first thing anyone knocks off the price, so be prepared. Especially at the sort of miles your car has done and with them never previously having been done. Visual checks of the dampers are difficult and would be something you would have to convince the buyer of, but they contain oil and gas. Leaking oil is easy to spot but gas not so.

It actually looks like a really nice car. Price is good. I like the bonus of the steering wheel.

I would remove the seat cover on the drivers side before taking the picture. It makes a buyer wonder what is under there. I understand that you are protecting the seat so nothing gets on it, but take it off for the picture. The buyer will just see a prestine drivers seat then.
In the advert you make no mention of the outer condition of the car. You say it is mechanically sound and omitting the outer condition makes it sound like "it's a good runner but needs cosmetic work".

I would agree about the plate. It just becomes a hassle to take off. The buyer has to wait for the V5 to come back, etc.
I also agree about the tyres. You are willing to buy new tyres before the sale, so just take the hit and advertise the car with new tyres. It reads much better.

Just trying to be completely honest and not offend in any way. The car does look really nice and you will get it sold. For me, it just has a little too many miles.

Hope that helps a little if any.
Good Luck!

Reaction score
That's the spirit Chris.
Don't give it away. If people start selling them too cheap it devalues them which is no good one I finally get one ;-)

I know what you mean about mileage. I think I always get too hung up about it in my cars.