TRL

Reaction score
OK guys - 1 week in and time to change the exhaust..... Money no object what is the best system I can buy. I am after a nice rich sound, not too loud to get thrown out of any potential track days, and not too quiet that it wasn't worth bothering....
Not really wanting to ditch the cat in case I bugger something up. Are the gains that much better with a de-cat pipe?
Please speak from experience rather than from hearsay.

Reaction score
from what I hear the de-cat makes the biggest percentage of gain, the backbox only makes 1 or 2bhp difference, even in the best of the clio exhausts.

I would say 2 good options are a Janspeed and a Milltek, both not overly loud and have a really nice tone to them.

I have a yozzasport full system including decat in my garage at the moment probably being fitted this sunday if you are interested in seeing and hearing that we could meet up. That is a loud exhaust, but think its widely accepted as one of the best out there for a clio.

Reaction score
Yozza with de-cat? Does it come with the earplugs for your neighbours and ASBO legal defence? :lol:

Reaction score
Steve said:
Yozza with de-cat? Does it come with the earplugs for your neighbours and ASBO legal defence? :lol:

its all right, the neighbours are used to loud cars :lol:

but my parents said if its too loud, you are either taking it off or moving out :lol:

don't think its too bad at idol tho, so i should be ok!

Reaction score
Matt X2C said:
Steve said:

its all right, the neighbours are used to loud cars :lol:

but my parents said if its too loud, you are either taking it off or moving out :lol:

don't think its too bad at idol tho, so i should be ok!

Pop Idol? No surprise there, most of them are appalling. I'd rather hear a tuneful exhaust any day.

Reaction score
if its too loud yozza sent me a silenced decat too, but if it still gets tiresome and I don't like th epitch then I will sell it and buy a janspeed or a milltek!

TRL

Reaction score
Matt X2C said:
from what I hear the de-cat makes the biggest percentage of gain, the backbox only makes 1 or 2bhp difference, even in the best of the clio exhausts.

I would say 2 good options are a Janspeed and a Milltek, both not overly loud and have a really nice tone to them.

I have a yozzasport full system including decat in my garage at the moment probably being fitted this sunday if you are interested in seeing and hearing that we could meet up. That is a loud exhaust, but think its widely accepted as one of the best out there for a clio.

Thanks Matt - will take you up on that. Although as you are only about 3 streets away I guess I will hear it anyway..... I like the sound of what you're doing - although I might be turning into your 'mini-me'.......you'll know what I mean when you see the number plate I just bought......Off to Brands on Sunday so maybe meet up in a week or so?

Reaction score
TRL said:
Matt X2C said:

Thanks Matt - will take you up on that. Although as you are only about 3 streets away I guess I will hear it anyway..... I like the sound of what you're doing - although I might be turning into your 'mini-me'.......you'll know what I mean when you see the number plate I just bought......Off to Brands on Sunday so maybe meet up in a week or so?

yeah, give us a shout when ya want to meet up and have a listen, and maybe get some photos of the cars or something!!

come on then, what plate have you brought....T400 PHY? T600 PHY T900 PHY?

enjoy brands!!!

Reaction score
Post up a vid of the Yozzasport exhaust when it's on Matt, we don't have one yet and I think a lot of people would like to hear it.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
talk to BenR @ angel works..... i've been down there today for the inlet changes and he's got a belting one..... lighter than an orb, quieter & produces more (or rather lets the engine devlop more) BHP than an orb.... uses some patents devloped by NASA.... I can't stress how light the thing is - pick it up easily with one hand must only weigh about 3-5 kilos tops.

TRL

Reaction score
Matt X2C said:
TRL said:
[quote="Matt X2C":nd8vnu1q]from what I hear the de-cat makes the biggest percentage of gain, the backbox only makes 1 or 2bhp difference, even in the best of the clio exhausts.

yeah, give us a shout when ya want to meet up and have a listen, and maybe get some photos of the cars or something!!

enjoy brands!!![/quote:nd8vnu1q]

Erm it's, T300PHY.....we are both going to get in trouble, at a distance they will look identical....we can just blame each other!
Speak to you next week maybe....I start at Cooper BMW on monday as sales manager, so I will be around the area a bit more. Hope you get the exhaust on, its between yours and an orbi.......

Reaction score
TRL said:
Matt X2C said:
TRL said:
[quote="Matt X2C":3oske4aq]from what I hear the de-cat makes the biggest percentage of gain, the backbox only makes 1 or 2bhp difference, even in the best of the clio exhausts.

enjoy brands!!!

Erm it's, T300PHY.....we are both going to get in trouble, at a distance they will look identical....we can just blame each other!
Speak to you next week maybe....I start at Cooper BMW on monday as sales manager, so I will be around the area a bit more. Hope you get the exhaust on, its between yours and an orbi.......[/quote:3oske4aq]

Time to get a good deal on a 335ci! :)

O.

TRL

Reaction score
Yeh, it's a bit sad really! At least we can blame each other for the enivitable speeding offence....BTW I saw Kriss and V6 6EXY at Halfords today....not that I was shopping there or anything, I mean its full of chav chariots etc. He must have the most modded V6 Clio around.....it is actually begining to resemble a crash in a Halfords shop window.... 8)

Reaction score
its official, the yozzasport exhaust has exceeded mine and everyone who has experienced it's expectations! It is simply sensational.