Reaction score
looking for an a1 trophy not too far from north west surrey

not excessive mileage or previous owners

fsh essential, no track days thank you

private buyer cash ready

Reaction score
Well mine is all of those things but I dont want to sell it :D Also my best advice would be to buy on condition and service history (not necessarily renault) and push some of those standard car buying rules to one side.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Do the handbrake test, Clio handbrakes are difficult to adjust due to the exhaust and heat plate, I argue if the hand brake clicks more than 5 times, it indicates a laziness in the owner to adjust it, and therefore is this laziness an indication of the condition of the whole car.

My mate always does compression tests on the pistons, accessed through the Spark plug but you would not want to do this on a Clio.

Reaction score
That's a pointless test. Mine's maintained to the highest standards, but waiting til the rear discs are changed to adjust up the handbrake.

Can't see the problem with a Trophy having done an occasional trackday. If it's maintained well it shouldn't make any difference.

Reaction score
Agree completely; what about "no short trips to the shops and school run every day" that'd be preferable :)