Reaction score
A couple of people have had a look at my car,as they believe that the drop-link/anti-roll bar? bush has perished on the driver's side. and as a result when the car is driven, there is a loud creaking noise whenever the steering wheel is turned.

We've had a feel around, and where the anti-roll bar joins onto the bottom arm is where the noise seems to be coming from.

Just wanted one last final opinion on this, as we're only about 60% sure...and if so...what do I need to buy, and from where?

Thanks in advance...Matt

Reaction score
More than likely had the same problem on the FF chenged them for poly ones but made the noise even worse!

7700799404 £6 +vat each from Renault. Comes with bolt!

Also have you checked the ball joints???

Reaction score
For the sake of £6 I'd change em.

And I also say dont go for polys. They are a pain in the you know what. Noisy, expensive and offer no real improvement.

Had em on my 172 Cup and wont dont it again.

Reaction score
power ranger said:
More than likely had the same problem on the FF chenged them for poly ones but made the noise even worse!

7700799404 £6 +vat each from Renault. Comes with bolt!

Also have you checked the ball joints???

I'd also advise checking the ball joints, I had same symptoms as you and that's what it turned out to be for me. They will be a little more expensive to replace than the bushes though.

Reaction score
Thanks lads.

Yeh we had a look at the ball joints and they seemed fine.

I'll change them and see what difference that makes. One of my mates was touching on the fact I might need to replace the drop-link...but hopefully not!

Why are the poly ones worse? do they make a constant noise?

Reaction score
Robbo said:
Thanks lads.

I'll change them and see what difference that makes. One of my mates was touching on the fact I might need to replace the drop-link...but hopefully not!

I had a knocking noise when my ball joints were shot, mainly over small bumps rather than over large ones.
I would have a very good look at the ball joints, mine 'looked' ok when having a quick look, but on closer inspection they looked a bit worn. Once removed from the car they were totally shot, they were just flopping about and almost falling appart.
Might not be the answer to you issue but well worth a look.

Reaction score
scott said:
Robbo said:
Thanks lads.

I had a knocking noise when my ball joints were shot, mainly over small bumps rather than over large ones.
I would have a very good look at the ball joints, mine 'looked' ok when having a quick look, but on closer inspection they looked a bit worn. Once removed from the car they were totally shot, they were just flopping about and almost falling appart.
Might not be the answer to you issue but well worth a look.
Yep hear to my ball was shot but still passes an MOT like it if wasn't for me nagging to find the noise that it turned out to be a ball joint!

Reaction score
Gregs said:
How much is a ball joint at Renault?

Reno wont sell just the ball joint, only the full suspension arm with the ball joint fitted, i paid £50 ish per side approx 1yr ago so may be cheaper now. You can get just the ball joints from e-bay etc for about £10 per side, ive heard some people say they are easy to fit and others say they are a pain in the arse.
Fitting the full suspension are was easy, took about 1hr.