Reaction score
I have discovered that the Trophy is seriously unbalanced with the addition of weight at the rear. Specifically, fourteen bottles of wine and six of olive oil, plus lots of heavy luggage, on the 110mph sweepers of the Italian Autostrada.

So much so that I stopped several times to crawl under the car to check for suspension breakage, check the tyre pressures, etc. I recommend not having anyhing in the boot if you plan to corner hard at over 100mph.

How so? Well, just completed 2870 miles round trip to Umbria, Italy, and back again, via Germany, Switzerland and France. Italian drivers love speed and enjoyed the Trophy flying past. They also like tailgating, which is bad news, but in general the passion for speed makes it worth a visit. The road from Turin to Genoa and through to Pisa is worth the trip alone; exhausting just keeping up with the rest of the traffic on high-speed turn after high-speed turn; the man who invented the tunnel boring machine is justifiably a millionaire as we sweep out of tunnels onto skyscraper-high viaducts and back into tunnels.

Amazing.

I hope to provoke some jealousy here........

Reaction score
Sounds like a great trip - Got to go on a European road trip myself soon!

Reaction score
tunnels! shame the trophy has such a non-existant exhaust note!

any chance of some pics as my minds eye is working overtime :D