Reaction score
Im looking to get a Trophy and im in talks with a guy now, its got 57k on now its had the aux belt changed at 36k is this correct and will it need doing again but the cambelt needs doing at 70k or 5 years, so it needs doing now is this correct.

The dampers have not been serviced but are ok i believe will these need doing soon??

Thanks

Johnny

Reaction score
Yes cambelt will be now due (or in the next couple of months). And yes an Aux belt replacement would be normal when doing the cambelt.

Dampers have no set service interval that I am aware of but from peoples experience on here I would suggest you budget to have them done as well.

Not sure if that's the news you where hoping for or not!? all high expense jobs but hopefully good negotiating points for you.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
36k is precautionary. The belts are rated for 72k / 5 yrs. Its just a gamble, your belts could snap the day they are changed.
Im on 47k and my dampers are spot on. So theres no need to throw money at it straight away if you canlt afford it right now.

Reaction score
Hmm, be careful - prevention/ cure; causal relationship, discuss (25 marks).

The price needs to reflect the fact the jobs aren't done...don't wait 'till the last minute to get the maintenance done though imo.

Reaction score
eljeffo64 said:
Hmm, be careful - prevention/ cure; causal relationship, discuss (25 marks).

The price needs to reflect the fact the jobs aren't done...don't wait 'till the last minute to get the maintenance done though imo.

Only 25 marks?!

Reaction score
Well my Trophy has the same mileage, and I have a very slight weeping on the inner shock - rebuild and de-pin time is lurking.

I would knock off the asking price the cost of the belt, K=Tec brake set up as they should be standard, and one shock rebuild (as you say they are not leaking yet) - so that must be all of £900 off .... or get the owner to do the work (better still as you won't have a car lying on axle stands during the rebuild...) and pay full asking.

Reaction score
The cambelt and Aux belt service definately will need doing soon and it costs about £500. (£490 from NW performance to be exact :lol: ) So thats a bill you'll have in the next few months. You might find you can put off doing anything to the dampers for the time being.