Reaction score
wondering if the folding mirror option on the 197 can be retro fitted...
renault list it as a £80 option so there cant be much to do...the wiring will be there and no doubt it uses the electric motor already fitted in the mirror to pull them in...
i know the mirror switch needs to be changed (to select the folding option) but what else.?
i'm asking the dealer to do it but they cant find out what extra need to be fitted (no supprise)
i asked this on CS but all i'm getting are rants about how lazy i am not folding them in by hand....but its the wifes car not mine,it was me i wouldnt be fussed,but i though if the option was there she would use it,she wont do it by hand (unless i was there)... f**k its taken 8 years to get her to use end spots in the car park.....so please no posts on how lazy i am...
any help would be usefull though...
cheers

Reaction score
Am I right in thinking you're wanting to retro fit these to the Trophy?

If so I'd be very grateful if you keep me informed of any info you manage to find.
I miss my folding mirrors very much from my last car, especially getting the car in the garage.

Reaction score
my post about laziness was made in jest :wink:

it was a £110 option iirc... but not sure whether it's do-able tbh... might be tempted if you do get it figured though! :D

Reaction score
oh no not for the trophy...
trading in the wifes ageing ,problematic ,thirsty & unpredictable TT for a silver R26....obivously the car doesnt have the folding mirrors (or i wouldnt be asking)
so i asked the dealers if they can be retro fitted...cue much head scratching and apparent phone calls to renault head office...in the end they said "maybe" but they didnt know what to do as their "master drawings" dont show what other parts are needed (apart from the new switch)
thats why i'm asking
yep 2 clios on the drive soon...already bracing myself for friends comments...
will post photos soon
personally i think the nimbus silver is the best colour on the R26...the dark alloys and red calipers really set it off and the extra graphics dont stand out nearly as much as they are already a grey colour....no.120 by the way
maybe,just maybe a R26 section could be added with a register? more work i suppose

Reaction score
If it's a Clio, it'll be an R27 :wink:

Nimbus, with graphics is a very nice choice, the one i test drove was that spec. what options you got, how much it setting you back if you don't mind me enquiring?

Reaction score
yep sorry R27
paid just over 14k , ex demo with 5k on the clock...full graphic pack
didnt get to choose any extras (apart from graphics & metallic)...hence this whole thread...
getting a renault "tunepoint" adaptor fitted in the glove box though (good bit of kit) + mats +tax etc

Attachments

• DSC00350.JPG
    DSC00350.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 393
Reaction score
Defo the best colour for the R27 imo :wink:

Sorry for the confusion. Hope the missus enjoys her new car :D