Reaction score
Does anyone know - or know of a link to - the differences between the 182 Cup, 182 Cup Pack, and the 182 Trophy? I've got a vague idea but by no means certain.

Cheers.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Its a question that's been raised many times on here. Do a quick search and It'll pop up.

Reaction score
Ah yeah, I've just found Portland's post in this thread. Good stuff.

Is the handling in the full fat/ cup pack version significantly worse than the Cup/ Trophy?

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
The easiest way I would say is to go and drive some. I used to own a 172 Cup and that was stupidly fast (the 172 Cup is a lightweight Clio with less sound proofing, thinner glass in the doors, no ABS or traction control) and that was fun to drive but the turn in and response it gave wasn't anything as good as the Trophy. When I drove my dads Trophy the first time I instantly knew i had to buy this when he was done. The way it handles, turns in and feeds back to you is awesome! The 182 FF (Full Fat) has toys like leather seats, xenon lights, Climate control etc, and the 182 Cup just removes the xenons, Climate control (although i think some had AC) and cloth seats.

I would say all 172s or 182s are great, its just each one is slightly different to the next one.

Reaction score
Is there any way to tell by looking the difference between a full fat and a cup pack? There's a dealer near me selling this... on their website it doesn't mention Cup Pack but on their ebay listing of the same car it says it is. I'd probably just ask them if I had any faith in dealers.

Ebay listing

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Grey wheels means that it normally has the cup pack but a full fat 182 to can have the optional cup pack. just to confuse. I would say thats a cup providing someone didnt put the wheels on their non cup 182.

TBH i think most 182 FF owners went for the Cup pack which has the wheels and different suspension setup.

Reaction score
Thats a 182 FF as its got xenons but it has both cup packs (Spoiler pack and suspension pack).
i wouldnt get a 182 unless it had both packs. If you want the toys then get a FF but just look to see it has the front splitter and the bigger rear spoiler. You can tell the suspension pack by the grey wheels as long as no one has just put grey wheels on but if it has the spoiler pack they normally have the suspension pack too.