Reaction score
NICE PUDDINGS!!!!

I HAVE A K&N DROP IN FILTER, I TOOK THE WHEEL OFF AND NOTICED THE COLD AIR FEED JUST STOPPS IN LIMBO SO I BOUGHT SOME DUCTING REMOVED THE FOG LIGHT AND FITTED A PIPER COWL. MAKES QUITE A DIFFERANCE TO 4TH GEAR. SUCKS MORE AND LOOKS ALRIGHT I THINK

www.cardomain.com/id/garzo

check it out and tell me what you thinkk

[/img]

Reaction score
guys, I have a pipe cross on my clio RS. Is there anybody knowing how to clean it up regularly?

Reaction score
Ive just bought a Simota Carbon Induction Kit it cost me £225 and is the only Induction kit to use the same Trumpet design as the standard renault air box.

This air filter gave a 13 bhp increase as ive seen the graph with a supersprint exhaust fitted.

And before anyone says thats after a remap thats a load of Bol$ocks.
The car was a standard 182 which was rolin roaded with just the supersprint exhaust + decat, it then had the Simota fitted and made about 12 to 13 bhp more with this air filter fitted. I only no of 1 place that sells this Kit but they also sell BMC and ITG.

However they did say that the other kits like the BMC, ITG Max and the viper are a load of rubbish and just loose power for the car as they dont have this trumpet in the design of the air filter. He also said that people who think they are getting a Ram Air effect where the air is forced into the engine is cr*p as this only occours over 120 MPH this is how the viper works.

So unless you are driving over 120mph you are gonna get F all forced air in.

Plus this Induction kit sounds awesome, it looks like a big open mouth that sits behing the grill to accept all incoming air.

Here is a link installed to www.cliosport.net on the Simota Aero kit ive got its about half way down the 1st page with a graph showing the power gains compared to the standard air box. Its on Chris 182.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthre ... t=aeroform

Day

Reaction score
The Simota seemed to be the butt of all jokes when I last looked
thumbsdown.gif

Reaction score
Well it works pretty good on mine and my mate has the ITG max on his 182 cup and in a straight race i pull a good 2.5 car lengths from him to 60mph. The SIMOTA must be bad then hey.!!!

Day

Reaction score
Good for you.

If only it didn't look like it came out the back of max power...

Are they using real carbon fibre now?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
right do we have a definative answer to this.......

Following a bit of research am I right in thinking that unless you go to the trouble of installing a specific cold air feed there isn't any point in going for anything other than an ITG panel filter?

yes or no.

Reaction score
Cue said:
right do we have a definative answer to this.......

Following a bit of research am I right in thinking that unless you go to the trouble of installing a specific cold air feed there isn't any point in going for anything other than an ITG panel filter?

yes or no.

Yes.

Reaction score
I would say that the maxogen is the best, but not necessarily worth the £400 asking price. IMHO you will get the same results from dropping in an ITG or K&N panel filter and moding the original airbox by adding a larger air feed and removing the acoustic valve.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
7MAT said:
I would say that the maxogen is the best, but not necessarily worth the £400 asking price. IMHO you will get the same results from dropping in an ITG or K&N panel filter and moding the original airbox by adding a larger air feed and removing the acoustic valve.

good advice, thanks.