Reaction score
The one in the Ebay add is not standard :p

The back window has been replaced as the"Renault Elf" sticker is gone.

To get these off in one is a nightmare and after a year if trying to get one i have failed in everyway

leave the heated rear window on for 5 minutes and they come off no problem :)

Reaction score
It was a pretty general conversation we had as I'm new to Renault and Clios but a trusted friend had a 182 petrol mica and raved about it so much I had to check them out.

The comment that sticks in my mind is "The underside of the car is in better condition than the top, and the top is immaculate". Says it all really. Anyone close that could take a look? I'm 100s of miles away.

Reaction score
I emailed him, forgot to post up :D

All dampers were renewed at a cost of £3000 then they we all upgraded as a preventative measure for the future. The gas caps were upgraded so that there is no shrader valve to leak anymore.

Its also had all new up rights, bushes, linkages, hubs, brakes, cambelt, dephaser, steering rack, pretty much everything to make it as good as new, if not better.

Hope this helps,

Josh

Reaction score
Seems like quite an overhaul, and all the important bits too.

How does one upgrade the front Sachs dampers so that "there is no shrader valve to leak anymore" - does that mean the gas chamber becomes a sealed unit?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Seems like quite an overhaul, and all the important bits too.

How does one upgrade the front Sachs dampers so that "there is no shrader valve to leak anymore" - does that mean the gas chamber becomes a sealed unit?

Then how would you pressurise the unit at all?

There was talk of Renault doing a " adjuster pin mod" on the valve to make it unserviceable with glue, I can't remember exactly would have to do some digging.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Think I remember what's going on here now. (with a little help from search) Some of the refurbed dampers were failing because the Shrader valve was going faulty. Apparently BG at least are replacing these with a different valve.

Last edited: