Reaction score
I am just coming up to my 12k service and I have been quoted £221.47 by my dealer!! I personally think thats a bit steep!

Do you invalidate your warranty if you go elsewhere to get it serviced? If not then does anyone know of somewhere decent around the Salisbury area?

rojer386

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
That is very steep.

I provided my own oil and it cost me £100

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Take it down to Mike at Rentech in Portsmouth, well worth the trip and will be much cheaper than that. Tell him you're on the ClioTrophy website.

Mike is fully VAT registered and uses all genuine Renault parts so your warranty will remain perfectly intact.

Reaction score
Phoned dealer it will be £166.53 if I provide my own oil. How much will the oil be as im not sure what would be the best to use? I need 5.2 litres apparently.

Reaction score
You should go to Rentech, it'll probably be less than £166 without providing your own oil, it won't invalidate your warranty and he's a top guy who will take great care of your motor.

High quality oils are about £40 for 5 litres, maybe a bit less if you get it online and maybe a bit more if you go to Halfords.

Reaction score
Whitehouse Renault in Tunbridge Wells, 12K service £250

RenTech, 12K service + EBC Greenstuff pads + tracking £250

How much would a dealer charge for supplying and fitting pads and f*cking up your tracking?

Reaction score
Just got a quote from Ren-Tech! £145!! Brilliant!! Even said he would drop me off down town to do a bit of shoppin while they do it!!

Day

Reaction score
Bit of a trek from Salisbury.

Takes me almost 4 and half hours to get to Leeds on good day!

But if people are willing to travel it's proof there are savings to be made :D

Reaction score
had a look at my local dealer for next year and they can do 12k service for 150 quid all in.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
RSTuning said:
We can do you a 12k Service with Elf Excellium fully synthetic for about the £100+ VAT mark

We were a Renault service point for many years and have full dealer tools.

Paul
http://www.rstuning.co.uk

Aye, just charged me £112 inc vat with me providing the oil. I'd recommend them - didn't deal with Paul, got his old man who certainly knew his Renaults.

Reaction score
No 99 was serviced by Mike @ Ren-Tech on Friday, just after having a new pair of tyres fitted by ProTyre in Fareham.

Tyres were £199 all in for the pair, plus they repaired a puncture on one of the other tyres.

The service took a couple of hours and I was very surprised to see that my pads hadn't worn anywhere near as much as I thought! I got Mike to change them to EBC Greenstuffs anyway. My LCR chewed through a set of pads in 8000 miles, whilst the Renault pads were barely halfway gone after 12000!

All in cost at Ren-Tech for service, brakes and tracking alignment was £260.

Reaction score
Air Filter

Should your air filter be replaced at the 12K service, just got mine done and Renault Dealer and the didn't do it?
Looking at service book suggest you should. I'm planning to give a call and get this done, any thoughts? :?:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Re: Air Filter

tholman said:
Should your air filter be replaced at the 12K service, just got mine done and Renault Dealer and the didn't do it?
Looking at service book suggest you should. I'm planning to give a call and get this done, any thoughts? :?:

I think air filters are changes at 24k, i think - not sure.

Reaction score
Re: Air Filter

Cue said:
tholman said:

I think air filters are changes at 24k, i think - not sure.

mine was done, i watched them do it

Reaction score
I found this on Renaultsport website in Experts, which may explain.
Anybody else heard of this before?

Air filter change at 12K service?
amboboy asks
Hi,the service book for my 182 suggests renew at 12K, my dealer said not until 24K! Could you please confirm as I gather requirements do change! Thanks Nick
Jeremy Townsend responds
In this case the dealer is correct as with creater long life testing and constant re-evaluation the schedule was adjusted to 24k or 2years. Regards,

@ http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/community ... &TopicID=1

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
tholman said:
I found this on Renaultsport website in Experts, which may explain.
Anybody else heard of this before?

Air filter change at 12K service?
amboboy asks
Hi,the service book for my 182 suggests renew at 12K, my dealer said not until 24K! Could you please confirm as I gather requirements do change! Thanks Nick
Jeremy Townsend responds
In this case the dealer is correct as with creater long life testing and constant re-evaluation the schedule was adjusted to 24k or 2years. Regards,

@ http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/community ... &TopicID=1

i'm, sure someone mentioned this before, but i thought it only applied to the 197's.... strange that they've not let anyone know.