Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Im looking at getting one of these in few months. Il still keep the T as weekend car but use these Ibiza for work ect. You can remap them to around 210-220bhp with 330 1bf of torque. Only weight 1215 Kg which is same as ep3 type r. so this will be realy quick. Id same mid range will Beat the trophy.

Do around 55MPG as well and round tax is also cheap.

What you fink

Reaction score
if its anything like our TDi golf GT (with more power) i would imagine the esp light will be on more often than off, even in the dry :D

Reaction score
You won't get 210 bhp from a map mate, I had a 130 before the Trophy and have a few friends who still run tuned Tdi's.

Realistically you'll get about 180 on a mapped tdi130 and about 190 on the cupra 160 (it has a better intercooler), they are more economical than a Trophy but they have quite a flawed chassis. The traction control works by applying the brakes to the spinning wheel which transfers all of the strain to the weakest point, in my case it caused my fly wheel bolts to shear off :( .

Side by side at say 50 you will keep up with a Trophy, of the mark the Trophy will be away, also powering out of bends, r/abouts the Trophy will give the better grip allowing a faster exit.

Nice cars though they're better built and in my opinion they look better aswell.

Reaction score
My mate has one of those seat cupra r tdi. its been chipped and some other turbo mods im not shure what power it is tho.

Off the mark my clio 182 ff totaly standard pulls away from it, from 60 and up it keeps up with my clio. But thats on a straight road introduce the seat to corners and you have a hedge trimmer. I was seriously thinking of part-ex my clio in for one last year but im glad my mate got one first as its not nowhere near the fun of the clio to drive but do a good family car.

Andy

Reaction score
Of course they can, just like Ktecs high boost turbo conversion will give you 300+bhp yet only gives 260-280 in the real world :D

Revo are well established in the VAG world so I'd be more inclined to choose a proven map over someone else

http://revotechnik.com/products/softwar ... x?pvID=878

As you can see 195 is a bit more realistic. I wouldn't get to carried away swapping exhausts and air filters etc... as it's the turbo effieciency thats holding you back.