Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just noticed that there are some photo's of someone else's car in my car number thread - 307. Is this related to the problem Jeff had losing pictures from his "Garage"

Reaction score
Hey i'm back - cant send messages though???
i type them out hit send and it all looks good, but if i go into my sent messages box theres nothing in there?
what im i doing wrong?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I was going to highlight this. I'm fairly certain the messages are going but not appearing in the sent msg bit though I have had a several messages not replied to which I just thought was them being f*cking rude after asking advice so maybe there is a problem.

Welcome back BTW, so what's the current ride?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I was going to highlight this. I'm fairly certain the messages are going but not appearing in the sent msg bit though I have had a several messages not replied to which I just thought was them being f*cking rude after asking advice so maybe there is a problem.

Welcome back BTW, so what's the current ride?

J, When I log into the moderator control panel and click on a users settings i've noticed there is an option to select whether sent messages are shown in the sent messages folder, mine is unchecked, as is yours, as is everyone elses I would imagine. It doesn't allow me to alter any settings so this is one which Nik will have to look into.

Your messages may or may not be sending but don't persume they are not sending because they don't appear in the sent messages folder.

:)
Ben

Last edited:

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
This is a user setting in the general settings section of your user control panel.

The default is not to save sent messages to avoid filling up your mailbox storage allowance. Bit of an annoying default though so I might change that.

http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk/profile.php?do=editoptions

You need to make sure the option is set as follows:

• Sent Private Messages:
    • Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default
    • Don't save a copy of sent messages
    When sending private messages the forum can make a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder.

Last edited by a moderator:

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cheers Nik, I didn't realise the option was there.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Now sorted, thanks. So thats a couple of members def off my xmas list :)

The other thing that is fairly crap is the very basic search function. I was looking for something the other day that i knew was here but couldn't filter enough and it kept bringing up huge numbers of threads.
Also the "garage" doesn't seem very useable?

Reaction score
I can't send any private messages, the message I get is "reached my stored message quota, so need to make space".

But how?!!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Delete them Mark, the quota for stored messages on the the new site is 50 as opposed to 200 previously, I had to get rid of a lot ​of mine.

Reaction score
tried posting in the wanted section twice now - each time the post shows up in the recent posts on the main page but if i go into the actual wanted section it isnt there - or i'm missing it somehow?

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've increased PM quota, fixed the forum sort order, and am just rebuilding the search index.

Hopefully this should solve most of these issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
hi i cant upload pics of my cars ? there are not many colour choices for cars and how do i put a profile picture in??
andy

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well yes, we don't need that many that many colour choices for our cars!

Reaction score
Hi Nick
i have received an e mail reporting 5 incorrect attempts to access my account. I wasn't sure if it was initially a spam e mail and I posted on here to see if anyone else had the same e mail, but Marc has told me to pm you.
on a different note I'm not sure if pure coincidence or not but I see the personalised tax disc holders are now available in the shop but when I click on it it tells me the item isn't available? Am I being impatient or is it my computer? Many thanks, Donna

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Donna,

Unless you continue to get these, I wouldn't be overly worried, but if you'd like to PM me the IP address and any other information from the email, I'll look at blocking them.

As always it's a good idea if you make sure that your password is of good quality, ideally using letters, numbers, symbols and a mix of lower and upper case characters if possible, to make it much more difficult for anyone to gain access.

Regarding the Tax Disc Holders, they have been available for some time now, but are currently out of stock. Due to the government plans to scrap the paper tax disc next year, it is unlikely that I'll be getting any more as they have to be purchased in bulk up front, and i'm unlikely to sell many more now. I will remove the new item from the homepage.