Solution to Sachs Adjuster Cap Problem (hole from unpinning)

Reaction score
Hello guys,

after the unpinning of the Sachs dampers many owners face the problem of holes straight through the adjuster caps.

If you manage to remove both caps without major damage, there still are the holes.

Filling them with resin may work, but still is no satisfying design.

As far as I know you can only buy them for ridiculous money as an assembly including the reservoir.

To sort out the problem, I measured the original adjuster caps, slightly redesigned and 3D printed them (SLA method - very resistant against mechanical and thermal stress).

Subsequent are the pictures of the perfectly fitting and working caps I printed (weight saving of presumably 1,2 g/adjuster included:grimacing:). The thread is M4, what makes the use of bigger allens possible. (The picture doesn't display the thread and screw, picture will follow).

IMG_20180424_215309.jpg

Since I'm not the only one with this problem, my inbox is open for messages from forum members in need of a pair!

Have a nice evening and adjustable dampers

Sven

MC1

Reaction score
Nice quality print, what material did you use for those?

Reaction score
It's a transparent resin, rather rigid than flexible, you can cut threads, drill in it and mill it - I need to look up the precise material.

Pretty strong, also printed a batterie-support for a Liteblox fitting a Megane 3 RS plug and play.

The Liteblox support for Clio 2 RS is going to follow, Clio 3 RS planned (need measurements - are batterie boxes of standard and RS Clio 3s identical?)

IMG_20180120_144344.jpg

Reactions: MC1

MC1

Reaction score
I’ve been using an FDM printer but your prints look way better as an end product, the transparent stuff looks perfect. Wondered if you can get transparent coloured filament for yours?
Not sure on battery boxes, another nember might be able to answer that

Reaction score
I printed the battery support with an FDM printer as well, was much lighter (39 g), but less rigid and because of the structure not good for machining.
SLA prints are out of one piece and behave like it under stress.

Reactions: MC1