Recaro Trendline Mechanism Repairs?

Reaction score
Hi all,

The seats in #91 are in great condition with the exception of the mechanism on the drivers seat, left hand side (where the seat can be wound up and down and reclined, sorry, don’t know what that bit is called). The reclining lever is missing and the mechanism inside looks broken (cogs out of alignment and/or broken). The result is that the seat slightly leans to one side and is a bit distracting when trying to drive the car.

Does anyone know if the parts are available, or can be repaired, and if anyone does this type of stuff?

Alternatively, can the passenger and drivers seats simply be switched over?

Or even a good source of second hand seats?

Cheers.

Reaction score
I would gladly take your seat :) but it may only be a £5 repair... Lever is available from capitalseating for £4.50 and the lose mechanism is certainlty just the inside lever (a flat piece of metal really) that went past its stop, you just have to undo the rear side fabric, slightly pull the shell and slide your hand between frame and shell to put the lever in right position.

Reaction score
Many thanks for the advice Philfree. I'll get a lever ordered and have a go at fixing it. That will be a great result if it works.

Reaction score
You may be able to get to the inside mechanism trough the lever slot, use a flashlight and a screwdriver, you may just be able to put it back in place without undoing part of the fabric to get access from the front. You can try to do it while waiting for the lever :)

Reaction score
I’ll give it a go, maybe this weekend. Cheers.

Reaction score
Fitting the plastic handle seems to have fixed the issue with the drivers seat. Many thanks Philfree for the tip, certainly a lot cheaper that buying new seats!