Re: Trophy UK Distribution.

Reaction score
A bit of a random question,-after being shipped from Renaultsport factory in Dieppe was there a central location in the UK that they went to before being distributed to Renault Dealerships up and down the country? Reason I say this is that my Trophy started life in the North, Inverness however it has a 'Renault Watford' dealer sticker on the rear windscreen, isnt the Renault UK head office in Watford?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
All Renault cars come from France and go direct to CAT - http://www.groupecat.com/en

This is where all the stickers and things are put on the car and then they are put out to dealers all over the UK

The reason i know this is i needed a VIN sticker and it came from them direct as its not a renault part.
After doing some google searching and asking RUK at the time they explained all cars imported into the UK go direct to there for final things and checks.

As you can see my new Renault VIN sticker and a compliments slip.

CAT%20Vin%20Sticker.jpg

I would also like to say that when i worked for a Main car dealership we took off all the rear window stickers and the numbers plates and branded them with our dealership stickers and number plates.

30t5ngz.png

Got this online and i know for a fact that mine was not reg in Dundee.
Mine was reg from new in Edinburgh with a Private Plate (GJM 1W) and bought from a Renault dealership in Edinburgh

Last edited:
Reaction score
SY mate i know it was registered and sold in Inverness by Ness Motors Ltd the local Renault Dealership, first service been done there a year later. Ah so CAT UK Services put on the white sticker near vehicle data label on drivers door shut, Buckinghamshire is not all that far from Watford however does not quite explain that part of the mystery. Amongst the paperwork I found a certificate of installation for the vehicle security system installed by CAT-UK Services LTD Teesport, has my chassis no. on however no registration at that stage. So Im not the only one with a Trophy that started off in the UK in Scotland then!

Reaction score
I started work for a Renault dealer in 2007, the import centres have since been changed, but I can imagine them being the same in 2005 and 2007.
New Renaults are sent to the CAT approval centre at Southampton, but at that time there was also a "northern" centre at Teesport (no longer used).
I guess the cars were divided up and sent to dfferent import centres. From there the dealers would sell a car and choose it by chassis number (it was unlikely they knew which of the 500 they were getting until it arrived) which would explain why a low number is a 55 and a high number a 05.

Reaction score
Ah that is interesting, mine is on a 55 plate & no.414 so thought that early no.'s were on an 05 plate. Have even seen a Trophy last year on an 06 plate for sale on ebay.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I have pictures of a stunning concourse spotless 1978 Vw Beetle with 129 miles on the clock that has not been UK registered, Would this mean that if it was registered in the UK just now it would get a 1978 plate or a 2015 plate ?

Reaction score
I picked up my Trophy from the dealer in Southampton and they told me that it had been driven to the garage from Southampton docks. I wasn't impressed at the time! I'm pretty sure it had been out on a test drive or two as well.

Reaction score
Thread revival.... looking help on cat Uk.

So seems all cars arrived from Renault France into teesport who fitted immobilisers etc.

Would they or the dealer actually register them?

Likewise anyone else get in their history a stamp under Cat Uk saying 'company car''?

Reaction score
The cars entered the country into two import centres at that time.
Southampton, in the south and Teesport in the north for their CAT approval. Although dealers could take from either location.

Once completed they would sit patiently until a dealer sold one and then picked one from the Renault stock viewer system called Distrinet.
This would be a chassis number, and as before there is no rhyme nor reason to the low numbers being 55s or the 05s being high numbers!
Nor do the chassis numbers run in order of the individual cars ( from my research anyway... )

The dealer would then register the car in the customers name, as for the company car stamp I have never come across that unless iat a guess it was registered to Renault Uk originally. Does your registration start with "H" by any chance?

Reaction score
Thanks. mine isn't a trophy but one the 31 sunflowers. 3 all got registered on same day and trying to build up the history.
Just hitting wall for the early days