Reaction score
thought i would just say hi, i have lovely 04 182 full fat cup and what great cars. A friend of mine has a trophy and told me about the site so thought i would sign up. I have been a big corrado enthusiast up until this point and regularly used there forum as it was a great wealth of knowledge and help.

Anyway my 182 is a cracking car i just have one question. Just recently it has adopted what i can only describe as creak for the front right strut area.. I've been onto ren-tech who have done all the servicing on it and they suggested i get the top mount mod done.. but its not the same noise as you get on full lock.. i know it's a common fault on them but mine is actually that bad. I've had a good nose around and all bushes, ball joints etc look good, i just wondered if anyone had the experienced the same noise.. its by no means bad and only when i pull away, it sounds like something could be dry? anyone have any ideas?

cheers josh

Reaction score
I have a slight creak sometimes from the front arch, sounds like a plastic rubbing sound.

Done as you have and checked everything I could, but found nothing, no other symptons,

:?:

Reaction score
As Artdealer says really - it's a fairly common problem on the 172/182 range.

1 question, how have you got a full fat cup? you mean a full fat with cup packs? :wink:

Reaction score
T5PHY- yeah sorry its a 182 with both cup packs :)

artdealer- could you elaborate on what i need to do? slightly confused on what you mean...

Reaction score
I get a knock after i reverse off my drive, turn hard to left, go to first gear and start turning to right as i pull away slowly, and just as i move forward the car makes a donk noise from front susp. area somewhere.....deem this to be normal....if this sounds something similar to yours?

Reaction score
stormduck said:
I get a knock after i reverse off my drive, turn hard to left, go to first gear and start turning to right as i pull away slowly, and just as i move forward the car makes a donk noise from front susp. area somewhere.....deem this to be normal....if this sounds something similar to yours?

They all do it.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ajr said:
Mine doesn't!

It does drive like a drunken 182 though...

Blimey mate, nothing against the huge amount that you've done but maybe its time to get it to someone who knows them inside and out.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mine doesn't!

It does drive like a drunken 182 though...

Im really curious what the cause of your handling problem is mate !