Reaction score
I remember someone telling me they had a cable coming from the back of their headunit (using the connector for the cd changer i believe) and being able to plug in their (non iPod) MP3 player and be able to use the steering wheel audio controls (limited functionality maybe?)- this was ages back and i have no idea whether the cable was a renault item or bought from some where else.

Its not an iPod connector though - i believe its just a 3.5mm connector that lets you plug it into the headphone socket of pretty much any player.

Was hoping someone may have one fitted or be able to shed some light on it? Is it possible to gain access to the back of the head unit without removing it?

Thanks in advance

BC

Reaction score
7Mat has fitted something similar with an iPod adaptor but on a new head unit. Put a search in for the thread I'm sure I've seen it somewhere.

Reaction score
Cheers Shabba, the one i was told about definitely fitted the standard head unit and wasn't iPod specific - this is the one i'm after really....

Reaction score
think you'll definitely need to remove the headunit to access it. i beleive from previous posts though that the connector on the back can be used for either connecting a cd changer or a ipod connector. in fact PM pacey_uk on here as he had one previously in his 182 Cup - he'll prob be able to tell you where he also bought it from!

Reaction score
Sorry to drag up an old thread...
Was a solution found? I have just bought a Trophy and would like to plug in my iPod. The 3mm jack would suffice.

Thanks
Nick.

Reaction score
a 3.5 mm jack connection will work going into the head unit cd changer inputs but the volume will be the only thing youre able to control with the stalk...end of
i fiddled on with mine a while back and ended up with a permant error code on the head unit, i took it back to the dealer and claimed it had done it all by its self :D

Reaction score
I had one of these leads before upgrading to a kit that allows me to retain some of the functionality of my steering controls.

You can get them off ebay for next to nothing these days.

You do need to take the head unit out to plug in the lead but it's not hard, it'll take less than 5 minutes.

Check out the one in the link below. It even comes with keys for removing the stereo.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cable-for-ipo...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Hoz

Reaction score
Can just get a Reno tunepoint. I got a new one off of one of the guys on the RSUK forum last summer and its been the best purchase I've made. Has an iPod adapter and a USB adapter as well for attaching a memory stick full on mp3's, wma's. Take the head unit out, plug it into the back and feed the cable through the back of the glove box and job done. You can use the steering column controls with it as well. :D

Reaction score
Where can you buy this Reno Tunepoint? Can you fully control the ipod from the steering stalk?

If it does, I'll probably buy one before I even get a trophy :oops:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i think they're around the £100 mark, but apparently there could be better options - some 197 owners have reported denison's version to be better i believe.

Reaction score
Hozcat said:
You do need to take the head unit out to plug in the lead but it's not hard, it'll take less than 5 minutes.

Check out the one in the link below. It even comes with keys for removing the stereo.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cable-for-ipo...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Hoz

I have one of these, dead easy to fit, tucks away in the ash tray so you dont even know its there till you need it, brilliant!

this link explains the (simple) process....
http://floridadaz.weebly.com/