Gaskets

Reaction score
Im going to be doing a spark plug change soon. While I’ve got things apart are there any gaskets that need changing. If so a name/ part number for each one would be great so I can order from Renault in advance.

Also on these engines (first Renault engine for me) do you use gasket paste as well? I also have a sump gasket to change, already have the part but wondering whether to use paste also.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Spark plug change only gasket which may require changing is the egg shapped one under the intake manifold. Cannot remember if there is a metal gasket between the upper and lower inlet manifold.

Oil around plug 4 (left end) is commonly down to the o ring seal of the VVT solenoid. Probably good maintenance to do while your there.

Sump gasket likewise shouldn’t need paste but be warned you need to partially drop the subframe to be able to get to all the bolts on the sump. One of them jobs which should be easy and turns into a pig.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
As per Chris above there is a small rubber egg shaped gasket between the upper inlet and the top of the engine, just a clean should be enough and there is a gasket between the upper and lower gasket, I should have the part number at home but it is readily available from Renault parts direct.