Constant beep

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
So took the trophy out for a short spin this evening, all was fine until I got home. On locking the car I was greeted with a constant beep, as though a door was open. Have checked the bonnet, boot and both doors and all seem fine. Was too dark to get a good look at the connectors, but has any one else had this?

I’ve heard that a bonnet sensor or switch could be a culprit, but need to have a tinkle. When it’s light.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
A Long time ago this so I might not be remembering quite right. When my bonnet sensor failed, the alarm would just go off fully at random times, not just that constant beep. Easy enough to check though, unplug the sensor just beneath where it feeds through the front cross beam. The alarm will still function without the sensor plugged into anything.

Reactions: Cue

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I have had the same issue with the alarm going off at total random times and when I tried to lock it would also beep.

Turned out to be boot lock and wiring had corroded and was causing a short setting the alarm off.

I would be checking the bonnet sensor and loom and then the boot loom and lock.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think it probably has to do with some gremlin in the alarm wiring.

A couple of years ago, mine started playing up, random beeps etc, the last straw was when it took to keeping the hazard warning lights going constantly, initially the only thing that cured that was taking the relevant fuse out, but that wasn't ideal as it left me with no indicators. To use the car on the road I obviously had to get it sorted, and after much rummaging under the dash and testing wiring, the fault stemmed from some issue with the interior alarm sensor wiring on the nearside of the car. I did some jiggery pokery with the relevant alarm wiring which has to date (fingers crossed) fixed the issue.

I think the alarm & relevant wiring fitted at the import centre in the UK when they were new, is starting to reach the end of it's lifespan perhaps.