Reaction score
Hey guys, I've just been reading 'Performance French Cars' magazine and noticed that they've done an article on putting the Clio rs200 on a rolling road. The article states that they had 217bhp from the motor? Has anyone on here got a clio rs200 and a RR read out yet? I know that I'm digging up the old 'does anyone here actually get the stated bhp' most of us are getting around 160ishbhp from the F4R motor, and I've heard that people are getting around 170ishbhp from the 197motor. I realise that Renault have supposedly tweaked the 197 engine slightly, but a gain of 50bhp from such little tweaks seems a little optimistic I think! I do realise that RR readings can vary from place to place and can be a little un-accurate with non-turbo'd engines, but does anyone here think that the 217bhp figure is anywhere close to the correct reading for the clio rs200?

Sorry guys for digging up the old bhp talk again, it just surprised me a little when reading that, your thoughts and input would be good?

Reaction score
I'd be more convinced if they ran a 200, 197 and a 182 back to back onthe same rollers. Can't see 217 being the case, people spent thousands on their 197s to get little bhp gains

Reaction score
Dont think this is realistic without mods. I used the PA on the RS Tuner Pro the other day a couple of weeks after a service, plugs, oil, filter etc... and got 161bhp at the fly, so down on the Reno figures, not good i thought but.....
Before the service i had a little run in with a 200 and there was nothing in it, although the 200 was new so would loosen up with time. My mates 197 is also on par with the T in a straight line.
As already said would be interesting to see a 182, 197 and 200 all on the same rollers, same day.

Reaction score
Sorry to dig this up, was searching for something completely different..

My rs200 was dyno'd as std at 185bhp (DIN) and actually made 193bhp on the day (DIN figures are more repeatable as they standardise air temp & pressure and also humidty)

renault always quote power on the day, so they'll get the dyno room as cold, humid, and with a high an air pressure and make circa 200-202bhp (but if they were quoting DIN figures more like 185 aha)

Hope this clears a few things up...

Just to add my car is now 219bhp DIN with schrick cams, remap, ktr system, ported throttle body, manifolds and a long induction kit.

Best Regards

Andy