Wipers fastest speed doesnt work

Reaction score
Hello :)

Im new to this forum, and im new to renault clio.

I recently bought a 2002 mkII clio with 62000km on the clock, and im having a problem with the wipers fastest speed.

My clio is the simplest model (1.2 8 valves) without adjustable intermittent delay or any other perk what so ever :D.

Basically the intermittent option is working and so is the normal speed, but when i change it to the fastest speed it doesnt accelerate, and stays the same speed as normal.

I went to a car electritian today, and he claimed that the wipers controller (god knows if that even exists) gone bad, and he managed to accelerate the wipers general speed by connecting 2 of the 4 wires coming out of the wiper engine together (dont remember which ones), so now it is working the same as before only much faster, which is better than before i suppose. (and he charged me only about 15 pounds so no harm done really)

Do you guys think the problem may be with the stalk itself? or was he actually right?

Or could be a UCH related problem (god no).

I can hear the relay working under the left side of the dash, each time the intermittent option kicks in, dont know if its related.

Btw my car left hand side (europe).

(sorry for my weak english)

Any comment would be greatly appretiated :)

Last edited: