Trophy front spring wanted

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I have one "Yellow" Eibach spring taken off my trophy.

The reason i only have one is when buying my trophy it had a o/s/f broken coils spring so i upgraded and bought the Mark Fish coil spring set up.

Reaction score
eljeffo64 said:
If you are replacing then you should do it in pairs imo

I would be interested in your rational on this... I can see its best to replace shockers in pairs, but why sprigs if they are the same height and rate?

Reaction score
MarcR said:
I have one "Yellow" Eibach spring taken off my trophy.

The reason i only have one is when buying my trophy it had a o/s/f broken coils spring so i upgraded and bought the Mark Fish coil spring set up.

Hi, I have the car off the road at the moment so I am keen to get a spring ASAP. I have sent you an email but in case you didn't get it you can call or text me on 07491089223, thanks,

Reaction score
buzzer said:
eljeffo64 said:
If you are replacing then you should do it in pairs imo

I would be interested in your rational on this... I can see its best to replace shockers in pairs, but why sprigs if they are the same height and rate?

They age as a pair - spring rates change with age & use/mileage, and they are fitted new as a pair from the same manufactured batch - each batch will be different, albeit slightly. Ask youself the question "why does one spring break and not the other" (crashes aside)? I suggest one answer might be that it is weaker than its partner at the time it goes .... i.e. not the same spring rate. Given the price, it's a false economy to change one imho.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
as above - eljeffo is correct, should be replaced in pairs...

If you struggle I have a couple in storage that I may let go to a good home from my spare suspension. only done a couple of months driving...